How many hours on your bike?

05 RMZ250 bought it used. It has a brand new top end and everything was in spec when I first bought...I know cause I tore it down before I rode to check.

Since then...20 or so hours on it

TDC plug fell out...lock tight for the new one!!:eek:

Clutch cover leaks...probably cracked it myself so I guess my fault:bonk:

rear chain guide bent...again my fault:bonk:

it is leaking coolant from impeller drain hole...guess it needs new oil seals...not my fault...:thumbsup:

But the one thing I hate about it...for some reason it does not seem to ever jump far enough:ride:

07 KX 450 55 hours No Problems excpet chain slide, and one set of fork seals.

06 KX450F,way over 100hrs, lost count (prob around 140). Valve still in specs!!! Although should be time to replace timing chain and valves.

Put a Wiseco kit at 70 hrs and been happy since then. Bike is still awesome, pulls great and doesn't feel worn out at all.

This thing eats tires, chain, sprockets and chain guides. I think I went through 8 tires and 4 chain sprockets set.

Ditto on everything above except for I'm sure I'm over the 150hr mark by now and I'm still running the original piston. I quit keeping track when nothing ever went wrong.

Checked the valves last month and they were still in spec. It's hands down the best bike I've ever owned. A local pro/intermediate rider friend of mine rode it last week (to see if he liked my suspension) and said he might have to make the switch to Kawi if an 06 ran as good as mine he said an 08 must be unreal.

06 KX450F,98 hours No real problems,Piston and rings,New head,valves at 50 hours,numerous chain block,3 chains,I am planning on a new crank and fresh topend here very shortly,I have put fork seals in about every 3 months,seems like evreytime I ride those things are leaking.All in All this has been a great bike!!!!!!!!

why did you get new head and valves and wanting a new crank?

07 with 30hours on it. No problem

2006 with 30 hours no problems

07 kx450 51 hrs. Just did the top end. Didn't even need a new one. The only thing that wears out was the stock chain guide. I replaced that with the T.M. Designs one. The best Bike I have ever owned. I will buy another one because this bike is so reliable. :thumbsup:

07 6.6hrs and have to put new cams in it.

New cams before 7 hours on it??

New cams before 7 hours on it??

Yep, I went to run the valves and the plating had come off the right exhuast lobe. The right intake lobe has a chip in it also.

07 6.6hrs and have to put new cams in it.

Is it an early 07 bike. Seems like the early 07's had some plating issues. Take ti to your dealer, I bet they will replace it free of charge. I have heard of several people on here doing that.

Is it an early 07 bike. Seems like the early 07's had some plating issues. Take ti to your dealer, I bet they will replace it free of charge. I have heard of several people on here doing that.

I should have mentioned this in my last post. The cams are being replaced FOC.