Virginia City Grand Prix

:confused: The pre-entry rider numbers are posted on the VCGP website, 2008 VCGP Entries . There are already 274 riders on Saturday and 276 on Sunday. I would bet those numbers will be WAY HIGHER by race weekend!

:prof:I'll be #24 on the third row Sunday! :bonk:

GREAT starting position...Run hot the first lap...Stay to the inside of the corners and hope no one hits you from behind...Good luck OD...

• 3 weeks later...

Man I had to dig pretty deep to bring this one back up, but the races are this weekend so its time to get this thread going again. :rant:

I'll be there all weekend, working in the Polka Dots pits for the fast guys on Saturday, and racing on Sunday. Gonna try something different this year, riding the 4-stroke instead of the smoker. At least that's what I say now, could change my mind by the weekend though. ?

So who all is going? It would be good to see a big turnout from TT. :ride:

I'll be there!!! We are driving from the central coast.

I'll just be a spectator this year & helping in the pits, while my fiance and 2 other friends race on saturday. Our friends have raced it the last few years but we've never been. We'll be staying w/ friends who live in Virginia City... so we'll be there from thursday till Monday!

Can't wait! ?:ride:

So who all is going? It would be good to see a big turnout from TT. ?

I think that i am headed up there. A few buddies are racing saturday and they want me to pit for them. Actually they wanted me to ride with them but that place sucks to ride. its just one big pararie city.

Look for cracker and rusty. They will be drunk and spilling fuel everywhere

? The pre-entry rider numbers are posted on the VCGP website, 2008 VCGP Entries . There are already 274 riders on Saturday and 276 on Sunday. I would bet those numbers will be WAY HIGHER by race weekend!

?I'll be #24 on the third row Sunday! :ride:

I'll will be rolling in on Friday night with my father. Can't believe I was actually able to get him to go. Just gives him a chance to use his new RV I guess. I am on the 5th row #41 racing Amature Over 30 on Saturday. OldeDude, I will see you race day in the pits.:rant:

I'm in - I'll be chasing Sharpie around picking up the pieces.

Of my own bike that is.

If my JB Weld/silicone job that is holding my bike together doesnt hold up you may be picking pieces of my bike up along the way. I guess I better pack an extra quart of oil with me.?

Great 116 miles today, all green grass and dust free! Water trucks were plentifull and OldDude wanted me to add for Slyko that the girls were scantily dressed at the check points... Thanks to OldDude and his cronies for pitting for Sharpmarble and I..

We got our monies worth from the 34th and 35th row. Be safe to those going up tomorrow. Rubber Down!

It was a pretty damn good time most of the day today for me. I started on the 3rd row , which got me past the big bottleneck rocky hillclimb on the first lap before there as much trouble. This was an area that even went into total bottleneck mode for the fast guys yesterday, so I was expecting the worst today. The rest of my first lap went really well and as I was going into the second lap they told me I was in the top 20 overall. :ride:

The second time through I found the bottleneck I missed on the first lap, about 20 guys plugging up that rocky hill. I was feeling so good that I decided to say to hell with it and blasted past all the guys waiting in line and up to the road block. I waited right behind the front guys that were stuck and as soon as a course worker helped one of them move his bike to the side I was off again using a line that only those of us that wouldn't wait would use, and with just a minor delay. I was feeling great and doing really well until I got a flat front tire a couple of miles from the end of lap 2. I limped back to the pits, got it fixed, and headed out for another lap after losing about 20 - 25 minutes overall from the flat. The third lap went pretty well and I still finished the 3 hour race okay. I ended up getting a trophy for 6th place in my class. :applause: Too bad about that flat though, I was feeling like I might have made top 3 if it hadn't happened. :eek:

It was good seeing Chickn and Sharpmarble yesterday, I haven't ridden with those guys in ages. The Polka Dots pitted for them since they were on their own otherwise. Sounded like they both did pretty good, Chickn came in after his 4th lap with just minutes to spare before the 4 hour race was up. He made a really quick pit stop and got out for a fifth lap just in time. ?

Only 20 guys plugging up the bottle neck? Lucky you. We started on the very last row, when we got to the bottle neck there was about 100 guys stuck for about a mile. I got tired of waiting and finally blasted past/through the crowds, between that and all the wrecks on the first steep downhill we probably waited for close to 30 minutes, after the first lap eveything was much smoother. I imagine I finished mid pack in my class but wont know (and dont really care, I know I'm slow) until they post the results online. All in all it was a pretty fun race.

Also, I would like to thank the Tank Slappers for the pit.:eek:? It sure is nice to have someone else fill your tank and clean your goggles.

Sounds like you had a good race OD, too bad about the flat:thumbsdn: Big thanks to you and the Dots pitting for us. After the first lap bottle neck, things cleared out pretty good. Other than a few blisters, I made it out unscathed:thumbsup: Fun race and great atmosphere!

I'll will be rolling in on Friday night with my father. Can't believe I was actually able to get him to go. Just gives him a chance to use his new RV I guess. I am on the 5th row #41 racing Amature Over 30 on Saturday. OldeDude, I will see you race day in the pits.:eek:

My friend emailed me this website where you can find pics of yourself... Here's a pic of you turrestsman..

http://www.photocross.net/08/vc080426/SATURDAY/STARTS/imagepages/image20.html

One of My friends was number 31 on saturday... row 3 or 4.. great place to be!

My fiance was #307 on saturday.. in the way back! Here's a pic of him on the start.

http://www.photocross.net/08/vc080426/SATURDAY/STARTS/imagepages/image177.html