"Unofficial" KX450F forum Moderator discussion

Guys, it's obvious we need a forum moderator in here that can help get our forum updated. The "FAQ" sticky has died and needs updated and added-to and other housekeeping chores need done to keep our forum on-par with the others.

Whether or not we get a new moderator and whom it will be will ultimately be the decision of the TT owners.

I have no clue what the qualifications required are but am fairly certain that the person would need to a) be a KX450F owner. ? be somewhat knowledgable about them. c) be easy going/respectful of others/easy to get along with.

Let's "unofficially" begin a discussion on this. If you would like to recommend someone or volunteer yourself or have ideas about this let's hear it!

Edit:

Here's a list of potential candidates (IMO) to kick things off. I'm sure there are many others that I've missed:

art5, teamgreen, BrittB, Thomas6x, VETMX808, MOTOROYALL, moto867, b-rabbit, brooko, numroe, Open_Class.

Yes, someone needs to take the reigns. I'm unable to update the FAQ anymore: 1) I don't have an option to edit the original thread 2) I have little time to ride anymore and much less time to keep the FAQ updated.

Xerces: Good to hear from you. Glad you understand. Thank you for the time and work you put into the original post; it certainly shows and has helped out countless people over time! I would hope that we could incorporate most of the old FAQ into a new one. Good luck to you; you'll be missed here!

I nominate YOU! ?

Or Open_Class (Sorry Dom ? )

I am glad you think I would be able to control these heathens! These green guys are out of control!!!!!!!

VETMX808: I know you were kidding; it's pretty mellow in here so there should be very little baby sitting needed; mostly secretarial-type work I would think. I could help out for a while but when spring gets here I may be scarce unti next fall/winter and besides, I've only been around here a short while. I was thinking of someone with some years here.

I agree, yes Open_Class is one too that should consider/be considered. Again, I'm sure there are many not yet mentioned.

I nominate MOTOMOUTH!?

I don't know about that Team Green guy. He's kind of Teamie and sorta Greenie and I heard he had some sorta Sand Flea issues...?

I checked on MOTOMOUTH and he hasn't been around since last October, or at least hasn't posted any since then. He was a dedicated poster in the KX450F forum though. If he's still around he may be a good one.

Rokatt88: I see from your garage you have a pretty diversified collection. Would you have any intertest? Just trying to get together some possibles.

art5 is out of the running. He's having too much fun with his hybrid builds and has declined being put on the "possibles" list.

I don't know about that Team Green guy. He's kind of Teamie and sorta Greenie and I heard he had some sorta Sand Flea issues...?

He's just sayin ... "I aint got sand fleas!".

What's this sand flea joke anyway? I'm Australian.

Yeah us Aussies dont know about sand fleas. By the way excellent post and totally agree. I think old mate numroe seems very knowledgable and would be a great contribution to this forum as a moderator. If he cant help i my be interested.?

Yeah us Aussies dont know about sand fleas. By the way excellent post and totally agree. I think old mate numroe seems very knowledgable and would be a great contribution to this forum as a moderator. If he cant help i my be interested.?

brooko, thanks for the compliment, but no thanks at this stage. My work has me going TT "AWOL" for 3 week chunks every now and then. Later in the year I could help.

xerces, great job!!

I don't get the whole sand-flea-thing. ?

Good man brooko, thanks for steppin up! ?

I guess I'd be willing to throw my name in the hat too, if you'd have me, but there will be times when I'll be absent from the forums for awhile. I really feel out of place volunteering when there are so many in here that know so much more than I do; almost everything I've learned about the KX450F has been in here. :ride:

So it looks like these people are out of the running:

art5

numroe

Rokatt88

Let's try to put together some more "possibles" and see who'd be interested. Looks like so far on the list we have (confirmed):

Open_Class

brooko

myself (er193)

Hey, good news! In a pm, Open_Class has said he would be willing & honered!

Here's the new list of "possibles":

Open_Class

brooko

myself (er193)

Let's get a few more people on the list. Anyone know how to get ahold of TeamGreen? I've pm'd him and haven't heard back yet.

How about a collaboration, perhaps 2-3?

This may be more than one person can handle. Heck, there are a few of us who have single handedly been more than one person can handle at any given time ?

Kinda like a 3 headed monster! I think that would work perfect!

Dom - you tha' man!

We already have Ron Hamp as sort of a "non-resident" moderater. Other "outside" mods I've spoken with in pm's have said they could help out with things if needed. Myself, and others in here who are willing could help out occaisonally with organizing threads and such using word documents and e-mailing files back and forth. It may seem like a daunting task but I really don't think it'll end up being too bad at all. I think there will be more help available than the moderator will ever need.

Can we get a few of us set up and we can work out how best to manage it??

or is this really really "Unofficial"...

So far it is completely unofficial. Most of us saw the need for a mod in here and I thought I'd bring up a discussion; something the we could show to the "higher-ups" to make things easier on them to get the process started if they decide to. That's all it is at this point.

So far it is completely unofficial. Most of us saw the need for a mod in here and I thought I'd bring up a discussion; something the we could show to the "higher-ups" to make things easier on them to get the process started if they decide to. That's all it is at this point.

I never did understand why this forum never had its own dedicated Moderator. The KX450s have taken off like a rocket since their initial release and there are definitely plenty of threads that could us some... umm.... moding! ?

I never did understand why this forum never had its own dedicated Moderator. The KX450s have taken off like a rocket since their initial release and there are definitely plenty of threads that could us some... umm.... moding! :ride:

Agreed… Thanks for the mention in the original post but I definitely don’t have the time the site deserves to be a Moderator. I do think the people you guys have come up in the last few posts with would be great if they are willing!!!

I’d love it if I didn’t have to read the weekly oil posts anymore :eek::D and if some of the FAQ info were more up to date … it would make it much easier to help the people that really do have a legitimate concern:prof: I like the idea of haveing a/several Mod's keeping an eye on the posts.?