2008 dr650 carb issue

I have 800 miles on the bike, I loosened and turned the carb on its side, drilled the cap on the fuel air mix screw, pulled it off so I can adjust it, I turned the screw in the whole way, then I turned it out 2 full turns. I took it for a ride and now at full throttle it backfires and boggs out. What should I look for, or Where should I set the screw?:smirk:

thats strange, the mixture screw should have no impact beyond about 1/8th throttle. Go back and check everythings tight and seated, theres a hose on the top right hand side of the carb that can fall off make sure thats still on there and not kinked

I called the local cycle shop and he said turning the carb side ways caused dirt to possably enter the main jet! Does any body agree? I guess i'll pull the carb and clean it.

I called the local cycle shop and he said turning the carb side ways caused dirt to possably enter the main jet! Does any body agree? I guess i'll pull the carb and clean it.

Well from your operational issue mentioned above it certainly sounds like your main circuit is leaned out for some reason. I have a hard time believing an 08 DR650 has that much crapola in the carb though.... it's got petcock filters and an inline filter in the fuel inlet tube on the carb. :thumbsup:

I just installed a Stage 2 Dynajet on my 650. I drilled out the plug and installed an extended fuel screw in place of the original.The fuel screw setting was 3/4 turns out. Hope that helps.

Check the choke cable at the carb, make sure it's ok.

Jesse

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I took the carb off and it still looked new. I put everything back together and still cuts out when I ride it. I was coming back up the street and I hit a pot hole and it cut in and out??? what the heck???? I got back and studied my bike for awile and holy cow the side stand was barely pushing up on the kill switch!!!! I put a zip tie on the switch and went for a ride and it ran awsome!!!:thumbsup: I didnt ride it since October 07. The bike set for 5 months and the kick stand springs are stretched out????? I bought it new in august 07. Does any one know of better springs??

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I took the carb off and it still looked new. I put everything back together and still cuts out when I ride it. I was coming back up the street and I hit a pot hole and it cut in and out??? what the heck???? I got back and studied my bike for awile and holy cow the side stand was barely pushing up on the kill switch!!!! I put a zip tie on the switch and went for a ride and it ran awsome!!!:thumbsup: I didnt ride it since October 07. The bike set for 5 months and the kick stand springs are stretched out????? I bought it new in august 07. Does any one know of better springs??

get rid of that sidestand switch, cut the wires and tie them together and it will never happen again!!! :eek:

Are you sure your pivot just doesn't need a bit og lube? Either that or you can jump out the switch....

The kickstand springs are defenetly stretched out! They have a 1/4" gap in both of them when they are off the bike. weired? Maybe hit by a rock?