RESOLVED: New WR450 and screwed by dealer, I think.

THIS HAS BEEN RESOLVED

I talked to the owner, Dave, at Coyote and he was already very well aware of this thread, even the cactus part.

something tells me that the only reason he was "willing" to help you out was because the word was out about their business practices, it was a forced move for him, not something out of the kindness of his heart.

Sale Price as Equipped: 6699

MSRP is 7199, so as they told me when I came back from my test ride already giddy, $500 off, probably could have fought for more, but I didn't.

dude, the bike was one year model old already, MSRP shouldn't even have been in the picture at the time. the bike should have been more like $6000

Freight: 455

** Shipping from Japan to CA to CO.. etc, whatever, every dealer I checked with had this. ACCEPTED

BS charge. they get the bike for a particular price from yamaha, they don't pay such "shipping" charges. yes, most dealers will have that "freight" charge, they write it down to see if they can get away with it. how is it that places like OTD Cyclesports can sell the bike without such charges and for a WAY lower price OTD and still make a profit? answer: because there is a huge margin of profit for places like Coyote motorsports if they can convince the customer to pay all their BS fees, on top of MSRP or near MSRP price.

Set-Up: 425

** As discussed above, yes, they attached the wheels and handlebars, but also did all the "mods".

it's good that they did the mods, but the numbers don't add up if you break it down between parts and hourly labor rates. should have asked them to break the $425 down and explain how they got that number.

Delivery & Handling: 199.50

... This charge is mis-named (in my opinion), Dave says this is to handle all the paperwork, etc that has to be done.

total BS from dealers, paperwork is a cost of business, which they should take care of, not pass it on to the customer in such a shameless manner. the only "doc" fees I ever pay to dealers is the actual DMV fees, no more than that. should you also pay their monthly electric bill?

Dave gave me TWO main options:

1.Cancel the contract, return the bike, pay to have any damage (custom shaped clutch handle) repaired, and be done with the whole thing. I was happy that he would let me do that, as he is obviously not required to do so. The problem is, I want the bike, I really like it, so this option is out.

this was the only solution anyone should have taken. returning the bike to them, and buying from a different dealer, you already had a credit line with yamaha, so it would be really easy. it would just be a matter of finding a dealer with a good OTD price without all the "BS" charges.

So, the option I chose...

I ended up getting my accessories covered and the bark busters installed. Effectively, about $550 off the price. I will apply that directly to my loan (once I get the first bill).

$500 off the bill is not even close to a "resolution"

To be clear, I am HAPPY with the end state. I intend to use Coyote Motorsports for future purchases and would recommend them to anyone around this area looking for a Yamaha.

I can't even take that statement seriously, how can you recommend them to anyone other that maybe someone you hate?

What did I learn from this?

I learned that even after I make a deal I feel *I* messed up on, customer service still prevails at Coyote and they would have worked with me to do whatever I needed (within reason I am sure).

sounds to me like part of their "solution" involved requiring you to say that on this post. anyone reading the story including the ending would know that customer service is not their priority

Tommy

not much of a "resolution"

• Like 1

not much of a "resolution"

Missed this part?

1.Cancel the contract, return the bike, pay to have any damage (custom shaped clutch handle) repaired, and be done with the whole thing.

You ever have anybody make that offer?

Coyote made the offer, the buyer decided to honor the original contract. Coyote fulfilled their end of the bargain and more, the buyer decided the original deal was to his satisfaction.

Kudos to the OP. ?

Missed this part?

Coyote made the offer, the buyer decided to honor the original contract. Coyote fulfilled their end of the bargain and more, the buyer decided the original deal was to his satisfaction.

Kudos to the OP. ?

look, the owner is a salesman, he can read people. he probably knew he wouldn't return the bike, so he threw out the offer just to seem generous, knowing that most likely the guy wouldn't take him on it. In the end, it was the OP's fault he got screwed yet again. This time it was entirely his fault. Still, maybe he will learn something from all this.

Missed this part?

Kudos to the OP. ?

You're right, it's all good. By the way, do you have any interest in buying a used $9,500.00 2007 Yamaha WR-450?