Procircuit Linkage help

Sorry for the doubt in the other thread. But before wasting money on a link that maynot work.. I needed more facts.

Thanks for saving some people a good amount of money.....

yeah man no problem. i understand you being sceptical, because i honestly wouldnt buy something that some guy on a forum told me to buy for 60+ dollars without some solid facts lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

Pro Circuit Length for KX250F (10-16) & KX450F (07-08) is 132.5 mm. The stock length for the 10-16 KX250F is 131.0 mm, and the stock length for the 07 & 08 KX450F is 131.5 mm.

All this info is on the Pro Circuit site when looking at this item, not hard to find.

PC recommends the PC07450 link for the 2010 to 2016 KX250F which is 132.5mm. The OEM link from a 2006 KX450F is 132.5mm and is the same. The OEM links from a 2010+ KX450F will NOT work well. They are too longer, 135mm+. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pCp 450 said:

Pro Circuit Length for KX250F (10-16) & KX450F (07-08) is 132.5 mm. The stock length for the 10-16 KX250F is 131.0 mm, and the stock length for the 07 & 08 KX450F is 131.5 mm.

All this info is on the Pro Circuit site when looking at this item, not hard to find.

PC recommends the PC07450 link for the 2010 to 2016 KX250F which is 132.5mm. The OEM link from a 2006 KX450F is 132.5mm and is the same. The OEM links from a 2010+ KX450F will NOT work well. They are too longer, 135mm+. 

Thanks for the useful information PcP. 

It's about a $50 savings going with OEM parts (incl. seals and bearings) Vs Pro Circuit bling w/ the bearings already pressed in. I think I'll pull the trigger on the PC product. 

pCp, do you know if these 132.5mm links make a noticable positive difference in handling on a '15 KX250F?

Why not just go with a used OEM link if youre being $ conscious ? They're all over ebay for less than $50, ofcourse you may have to replace roached bearings. 

I have the KPA07450 PC link for my '15 KX250F and the difference between stock is subtle. I bought it years ago and have transferred it to all of the KX250F's I've owned with the same results. I prefer it over OEM as it seems to settle the rear end into corners better, helps in choppy conditions that are prone to kicking the rear up, and lowers the seat height to a more comfortable position. Kind of feels like running a few more MM's of race sag but without sacrificing the front end's ability to turn as well. Though there are lots of variables here; I've ran several different shock setups. But in general, the subtle difference is a positive one.

FWIW, Factory Connection did not recommend using it in conjuction with their valving specs for whatever reason. 

Didn't think of that but eBay is an excellent idea. Do you know if you need a press to put the bearings in? I'm leaning towards the PC link but good to know my options.
Sounds like something I can benefit from, thanks for the good explanation of your results.

Btw, did you run it with your factory connection setup anyway or no?