Vdr 3-14 & 3-15...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think these guys are trying to move in on our number, racer808!!!!! just be sure to let me know what your wearing on the next ride so i wont one up ya.

It will def be something custom by Versace or Gucci.

On another note, I ate sh*t yesterday and landed on my right shoulder. It doesnt feel like I broke anything but the bone on top of my should right next to the muscle that goes up to my neck feels funked up. Doesnt hurt to bad standing but laying down hurts like a mofo. Putting pressure on it, like trying to sit up in bed using my right elbow is very painful. Dont think I need to go to the doctor, but any of you suffer this, how long it take to heel? Was supposed to ride Moday and Friday, thinking I am gonna just go back to work and save the vacation time for another week. Deff jared some muscles, very stiff today. I dont know what happened, I landed a jump at Watkins and it was pretty deep sand, I dont think I got on the gas hard enough and my front tire washed and threw my a** down. Worst part is I wasnt even supposed to be at Watkins!!!! I was happily riding a private track but my kids were being sissys and didnt like how technical the place was so when I broke my clutch we deiced to roll over to watkins and get a clutch lever and let them ride. So its really their faul and I should ground them, right?

Please cross your fingers. I got jipped by mother nature last year. Thursday is dang near here. I'm getting really stoked. I know it's just another weekend of moto for you guys, but I like taking my moto trips and I don't want to miss this one. 10-day weather looks good - good enough.

:confused:

Dont think I need to go to the doctor, but any of you suffer this, how long it take to heel?

If it is a dislocated shoulders it could take months. And depending on what you did it could never quite feel right. I messed my shoulder years ago and my doc said it would have been trivial to reduce it if I had come right away. Months later it was too late as I had built up scare tissue.

Sounding more and more like I'll be calling VDR home for a couple of days. I guess while they're preping, I can hang out under bridges w/ "will work for food" signs or something.

Do you have an RV/Toy hauler or something that you are going to be staying in, or do you get hotels reimbursed? If not, we live in Fort Collins and could maybe help you out. PM me if you need something.:prof:

Sounding more and more like I'll be calling VDR home for a couple of days. I guess while they're preping, I can hang out under bridges w/ "will work for food" signs or something.

I can help you out too if needed. I live in Parker, about 80 miles SE from Berthoud and could easily put you up for a couple of days.

Do you have an RV/Toy hauler or something that you are going to be staying in, or do you get hotels reimbursed? If not, we live in Fort Collins and could maybe help you out. PM me if you need something.:prof:

No RV or hauler... just gonna camp @ the track I guess. Kinda the fun part of my trips... I don't really know where I'm staying until I find a place to bed down! I appreciate the offers though guys (or gals - can't tell by your usernames! :bonk:).

Just got home 15 minutes ago - just under an 8 hour drive from where I was parked @ VDR to my door.:prof:

wow two night sleeping in the toyota and 3 day of riding at VDR and then 8 hour drive home all in three days, one tough hombre:worthy: good meeting you Erik glad you made it home safe :bonk:

To the guys I met (in order):

VDRPETE: Nice to see someone that cares and really makes an effort at prep work. :prof:

Yamahonda: Good to moto w/ you. I did about another 1.5/2 hours after you left and was F-R-I-E-d! Thanks for turning me on to the new type of Power Bars. :bonk:

Hit the Set: Because I got wasted riding w/ Eric (yamahonda), I couldn't dig deep enough to unpack and moto w/ you, but it was nice meeting and chatting w/ you. :confused:

dsmolj: Hope your back gets better - at our age, it takes time, but Mex will help a lot, just watch out for the englishmen. ?

Nice to put faces to the names. You guys have a great moto spot there.

By the time I stopped riding this morning, I had figured everything there EXCEPT the jump just west of where all the tractors stage. Another day or so and I'd really have the rhythm down. Was a blast and a really fun layout. My favorite parts were the long step-down on the south side of where we were parked (across the track) and the double step-down/ double combo just down track. The gravity pit just after the above obstacles was a blast too. Whole frig'n place was fun!

Frig'n WY winds made for a REAL tuf drive home. Anyway, thanks for meeting me guys, I had a great time. :ride:

Was great to meet you Shifter. You've got some skills and I have some new motivation to dig a bit deeper and really work at getting better. I've gotten a bit complacent in my old age. Can't beleive you jammed that much riding in less than 48 hours.

Was great to meet you Shifter. You've got some skills and I have some new motivation to dig a bit deeper and really work at getting better. I've gotten a bit complacent in my old age. Can't beleive you jammed that much riding in less than 48 hours.

Thanks for the compliment (I have a long way to go in my eyes). I guess what drives me is that you can't see my bald head w/ my helmet on and therefore I've got the opportunity to learn to ride like I'm young (who knows I'm not w/ my helmet on :bonk:). Plus, even though I got started in moto way late, I still haven't come to my personal physical declination phase and I figure the harder I try at getting better it actually extends the time I have to get better - if that makes sense. :prof:

Look into one of those rowers I was telling you about www.concept2.com. You'll be amazed at what it does for your endurance.