Sign in to follow this  

Wheel Lacing Problem

hey I need some help I laced my rear wheel and front wheel using the write up on this forum rear wheel came out great front wheel not so much. Its an 2000 rm125 36 hole using white bros spokes here are the pics some one help and there just like that all the way around the wheel 2up 2 down 2 up 2down

CIMG1522.jpg

CIMG1523.jpg

CIMG1524.jpg

It's hard to explain.You need to pull them out and start over.I all ways put the outer's in first ( out side hole's on the hub) then the inner's just swing into place.You just didnt start in the right hole on the rim.One spoke in then skip three hole's then the next spoke till all the outer are in.

It looks like you laced it just like the rear one and that's what's throwing off your pattern. On a rear wheel the outer spokes cross an inner one once on the same side of the hub.

On the front, the outer crosses once right out of the hub and then once closer to the rim (see second pic).

I start by establishing one inner and one outer (first pic) and then set in all my inners, flip the rim and do the same. After that, I put in all the outers. Disconnect an inner here and there if you have to as you go around then reinstall.

I hope that came out right. It does get confusing if you're not looking at the hub/rim. :eek: Hopefully, the pics help.

Best of luck. :thumbsup:

IMG_4307_web_02.jpg

IMG_4307_web_03.jpg

• Like 3

Here's one more pic showing the front wheel/36 spoke lacing pattern for one side of the hub/rim.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

IMG_4307_web_04.jpg

This shows pretty clearly where you got off on your pattern. Your inner spokes are off (yellow shows where they should go). Easier just to start over though.

CIMG1524_web.jpg

these photos are the ones that got me through my wheel lacing woes. thanks for the photos :thumbsup: another thing that helped after i laced it properly, was to tighten each spoke to the point of just a couple of threads showing. this is a great starting point before you start to true your wheel. take your time and be patient!!!!! it's very satisfying once you tighten that last spoke!!!! good luck

You can see in your first post picture 2 that all the spokes on one side have to be shifted by two holes. That will make it symmetric. In your second post with the pictures in yellow and red, it is the other side that needs to be shifted.

Don

Here's one more pic showing the front wheel/36 spoke lacing pattern for one side of the hub/rim.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

IMG_4307_web_04.jpg

This shows pretty clearly where you got off on your pattern. Your inner spokes are off (yellow shows where they should go). Easier just to start over though.

CIMG1524_web.jpg

Great pics and very helpful. :eek:

Gas for you man....:D

Awesome photos. I got into the same issue lacing up my new Pro Wheel 21 inch front rim. Spent two hours one night trying to figure out why my OEM spokes were suddenly too long. What seemed to line up naturally for me on the front rims between the spokes and rim holes are not the way it goes. Two hours the next day finally figuring out the right pattern. Wish I would have come across this before I camped out in the garage for hours. Thanks, I'm printing this out and throwing it in the tool box for my next rim lacing adventure.