Sign in to follow this  

Will a yz 125 front fender fit on my 230.

Hey guys, I was able to put a yz 250f shifter on my 230, do you think I could put a yz 125 front fender or 250f front fender on my 230's stock front end. I just got used to my kx 125's and friends yz 85, and would like a mx fender on my 230. It might make the bike look nicer it might not. I would try putting the kx's on it, but with the one car garage with two dirtbikes in and tons of snow outside I can't get to it now. Do you guys think this would work? Just thought I'd include this, I still like my 230 rejetted way more than the kx 125.

Thanks

-Cory

A YZ125 fender will fit, but you will have to cut 3 or 4 inches off the back so it won't rub the header pipe. I fit one on my 225 back in 04, they are pretty much the same.

Heres a picture of my old one, can't really see the fender but it will work

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_tt-r_225_2004.php

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm still going to try and see if the kx 125 fender will fit just before I buy a yz front fender. Did the Yz 125 make the bike look better? Do you have any side pictures?

Hey guys, I was able to put a yz 250f shifter on my 230, do you think I could put a yz 125 front fender or 250f front fender on my 230's stock front end. I just got used to my kx 125's and friends yz 85, and would like a mx fender on my 230. It might make the bike look nicer it might not. I would try putting the kx's on it, but with the one car garage with two dirtbikes in and tons of snow outside I can't get to it now. Do you guys think this would work? Just thought I'd include this, I still like my 230 rejetted way more than the kx 125.

Thanks

-Cory

yeh i have was thinkin this too would like to c it before i do it......what jets u run on ur bike??

I have a 130 main and a 38 piolet. Works great, but I just fixed it. It was backfiring so I put a head gasket on it and that fixed it. I thought I heard that you didn't need one at first, because it would just seal together, but that wasn't the case for mine.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm still going to try and see if the kx 125 fender will fit just before I buy a yz front fender. Did the Yz 125 make the bike look better? Do you have any side pictures?

Negative. The YZ fender look alot better, with my TTR I always tried to get it to look more YZ/WR than TTR. Don't forget that the dimensions of your KX fender will be different than the YZ.

Well, I tried to put the kx 125 front number plate and fender on my 230, and neither of them bolted up. I could bolt up the numberplate, but would just need a longer screw, and I suppose I could drill holes in the yz 125's fender, but I really don't think it's worth it. I could get the kx 125's fender to hold up to it though and it looked a lot better with it on then the ttr fender.

Well, today since my friends yz 85's bike has been sitting at my house for about 4 months I decided to take the front fender off of it and try it on my 230. I think it makes the bike look great. I can fit 2 screws in it, and am going to have to drill 2 holes to get in all 4. I cant clip the number plate to it, but it's not that big of a deal with it all tightened down. Also, with the 85 fender instead of the 125 fender you don't have to cut 4 inches off the bottom of it so it doesn't rub against the header pipe. So I just ordered an 85 fender and some big bar clamps to put on.

PIC00050.jpg

PIC00048-1.jpg