trying to convince a friend to get a bike...

we used to ride together but havnt in a little over 2 years. all he does is play video games and doesnt ride his quad becuase he says he doesnt have anyone to ride with. he just told me that he mom offered to get him one for his birthday but he keeps saying he doesnt have anyone to ride with. he doesnt know how much fun a dirtbike would be (yz250f or wr250f) and i cant seem to convince him to get one. he lives right on some beautiful riding property too. not only will he love riding but hell quit playing those video games too! any suggestions are welcome. sorry for rambling on...

WOW of he chooses video games over a new bike he should get his priorities straight. The only time I play video games is when I cant ride aka winter. Riding is much more rewarding than any videogame that I have ever played, AND his mom is offering him a new bike $game vs $$$$$ bike. Just tell him the chicks will dig him more if hes riding a dirtbike, and they wont if hes at home playing games!

lol he just said yes, hes getting it after may 1st, now i need to figure out a way to delete this thread lol

lol he just said yes, hes getting it after may 1st, now i need to figure out a way to delete this thread lol

LMAO yeah it shouldnt have took that much to make that decision.

we fixed him fast:ride:

you still got the problem with getting him on the bike... him getting it could just mean he'll leave it to rot, he uses the excuse he has no one to ride with to play video games and what'not (cuz i think you'd ride with him). and may first is far away. why dont you blow up his room with the game system in it :thumbsup:

The last step is to place his X-box beneath his new rear tire and pop the clutch VERY hard!:thumbsup:

The last step is to place his X-box beneath his new rear tire and pop the clutch VERY hard!:thumbsup:

That is a great idea. Just make sure he's got the ice studs screwed into the knobs. LOL I was thinking more along the lines that when you finally go riding together, sneak his game box into the cab and tell him, "Now that we're going riding, you won't need this thing anymore" and throw it out the window on the highway. Just kidding. But it was fun thinking about it.

When it sits for 3 months so he can teabag n000bz in halo, pm me cuz that shizz needs to get rid.

or if he doesnt want to leave his games ( abides only if he gets a bike with a battery) create a station that connects to the handlebars that has a screen and a controller (prolly very dangerous) and he can play while riding but you'll prolly need a generator...

LOL you guys have some funny ideas.

Now he wants a quad:bonk:

don't let him become a quadtard!

He already rides quads. He has one right now but says they are boring and he said that's why he doesn't ride. But now he's saying he wants another one!?!?

waste of money

cut it in half and make 2 dirtbikes!! :thumbsup::eek::D

talk him in to a bike. a bike that you want. that way you can pick up a new bike cheap when he decides not to get up off the couch any more, or wants to go back to the couch on 4 wheels.

Just tell him that you'll be his best friend. It gets them every time...

talk him in to a bike. a bike that you want. that way you can pick up a new bike cheap when he decides not to get up off the couch any more, or wants to go back to the couch on 4 wheels.

Yeah, I thought about that. But I would much rather him ride(a dirtbike,) he just doesn't know how much fun it will be.

At one point unfortunately you have to move on. My best friend started drinking and spending time with white supremacists while I started to do more and more outdoor stuff, he was spending time boozing and rambling how to "take the country back". I don't talk to him anymore.

Also, he is like most quadders. It's a toy he has, played with a few times and got tired of. Now it sleeps in a garage. If someone is ready to pay him a new quad or bike instead of an education, that means he is part of that lost generation of kids raised on video games and bull crap, who does not know the value of hard work and whose only achievement in life is to beat a high score or whatever.

In one word: a LOSER. You sure you want to hang around with him?