05 -07 any bad year?

are there any bad years from 05 to 07.. or anythign to look for? or is one year much better? Im only going to be using the engine/ frame and swingarm.. Im planning on putting in a stroker crank and cam as well.. the rest of the parts are goin on ebay..

anyone?

which is best?

I have an 05 that has been rock solid after I put in new SS valves. I can not compare the three since I have only ridden my 05. But as far as I know from reading on here you can not go wrong with any of the three that you mentioned! Since you are buying used I would take a good look at the all the bearings ie swing arm, linkage,steering,and wheel as well as the overall condition of the bike. I also like to look around the persons yard or garage to see what kind of shape the rest of his or her stuff is in. Generaly speaking if the rest if their stuff looks like it has not been taken care of neither has the bike. This is probably not much help for you but at least it is a reply.

05-07 are all basically the same with some minor changes like porting/exhaust. They are all great bikes and you won't go wrong with any of them. That being said, I'd by the newest one I could afford.

thnx for the help found an 07 for 4000.. ill guess ill get that..

I think the '07 is best but opinions will vary. All valves last just fine until you feed it dirt. SS valves hold up to dirt much better, but that's kinda like saying forks work better with oil in them............

wont be running in the dirt so that OK.. street only

if any one has a frame/ motor they want to sell let me know thats the only parts i need..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By GarrettSG
      I need recommendations on Honda dealers with good Mechanics in Western Washington. I am in Puyallup but will drive for peace of mind. I have never had a dealer do major work on any of my dirt bikes. But long story short I am on a 15 CRF450R and it needs the 5th gear recall done. Any and all info is much appreciated! 
    • By jakebarritt
      I have a 2005 CRF450R with a Trail Tech fan kit installed. I need a little bit larger tank and would like to know if anyone has an aftermarket tank that fits with the fan kit.
      I dont need a monster 4 gallon, just maybe a 2.4 or 2.7 from IMS would do fine.  I talked with both the tank vendor and Trail Tech and neither could give me any answers.
      Thanks guys.
      Jake
      Minden, NV
    • By NickC18
      So I emailed Factory Connection today to see what spring rate I need for the rear as I’m about 6’2” 220 lbs without gear. I also asked for a baseline front fork PSI to start at. This is what I received:
      Nicholas, 
      The spring series we made for your bike is limited when it comes to larger/stiffer rates.  
      The spring rate you need is 5.9/6.0 range. We don’t sell that over the counter as it requires special installation process.  So we can’t sell the spring “over the counter”.  It would have to be installed at our shop.  
      Fork PSI I would recommend:
      Inner 160 psi
      Outer 11 psi
      Balance 160 psi

Are they blowing smoke up my ass? What kind of ‘special installation’ could a spring take? I’ve changed and removed them before but not on a 16’ CRF before.
      Also, aren’t those psi settings for the Kawasaki KYB? I don’t think the psf2 have inner/outer/balance do they? Maybe he was having a bad day...or maybe I’m an idiot. FC’s website list there spring as ALS-0059. Can I not just order this spring and install it to set my sag correctly? Help?
    • By johnsbikerepairs
      hi, i have a crf450R 2009, having difficulty setting the idle knob to factory setting.  Having problems interpreting manual Japaneses interpretation.  Can anyone out there assist with the correct factory setting and how i can manually do the setting ie how many clicks out or in etc...   would appreciate any assistance 
    • By Baja Designs
      Hello CRF450R Owners,
      Bailey here with Baja Designs.  We recognize ThumperTalk as one of the go-to sources for information on the CRF450R and we receive emails daily regarding the best inexpensive light setup or purchasing the B1K setup ran by Ox Motorsports.  We would like this thread to be a General Discussion area for members and guests to discuss Dual Sport Kits (DSK), Lights, and Lighting Acessories based upon stock and modified charging systems.  Please Post up if you have any questions or comments CRF450R related! 
      www.bajadesigns.com