Sign in to follow this  

Gel Seat for 2006 DR 650 PN 99950-62181

Although I have not heard a lot of good things about the Gel seat I would like to try one anyway for the 1.5" lower seat height. Does anyone out there have one they want to sell?

Put a request in for one on the ADV Fleamarket. There are usually folks that would love to get rid of one of those.

CaptTurbo,

I am new at this I am not sure what the ADV Flea market is could you fill me in ? ? ? ?

The link that wrw gave you will take you to the Fleamarket. I would look in the parts subcatagory for something like a seat. You will need to join (free) to post there. It's an excellent website that you will come to really like.

I can sell you mine for $100 plus mailing from Maine, if you want. The seat has a small scratch on the front. If you are intersted write me a PM

Looked on Ebay I only find one for $149.00 can get one at Oneida Suzuki for 134.99 plus tax and shipping...... I was looking for a used bargain.... Unless you know of a different listing your link did not go anywhere.

Thanks for trying......

Duelsporter,

That sounds great...... Post some pictures if you can personally I don't know how to do that yet. My biggest reason for changing the seat is for lowering the seat height because I am 5'7" with a 30" inseam or one might say I am vertically challenged ! ! !

Mister,

If you don't mind to tinker a little you might do what I did. We just pulled the cover off my seat, stuck the seat back on the bike, and my husband ran a belt sander from front to back over and over until we'd removed maybe 3/4 to an inch of foam. I can reach much better and the seat is a little wider and more comfortable. It's still hard as the dickens, but they say the gel seat is extra-hard and not much of an improvement comfort-wise. Of course butt comfort is a subjective thing.

Sarah

Duelsporter,

That sounds great...... Post some pictures if you can personally I don't know how to do that yet. My biggest reason for changing the seat is for lowering the seat height because I am 5'7" with a 30" inseam or one might say I am vertically challenged ! ! !

Well, I received the seat back yesterday. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, other than just sitting on in the garage. There is no use in posting pictures, because it looks just like the stock seat, which it is. It is about 1" lower than the stocker (although you can't tell it just by looking at it), as I can now stand flat footed, which I couldn't quite do before. The gel foam insert is not visible under the cover at all.

As soon as I get a chance to ride on it (probably this weekend), I'll post my impressions in a new thread. I'm not expecting it to be anything like a Renazco, but then again it was only $75.00. :thumbsup: