Santa Clarita ride on Sat 3/8

Looking for a riding partner for tomorrow to ride north side of San Franciscito Cyn all the way to Lake Hughes and back. Some fire road and all the ridge stuff, with a little of my fun stuff thrown in. Would prefer a more experienced rider or riders, i.e., int or exp. I have toned it down a bit due to a broken shoulder last November, I'm still recovering.

Looking for a riding partner for tomorrow to ride north side of San Franciscito Cyn all the way to Lake Hughes and back. Some fire road and all the ridge stuff, with a little of my fun stuff thrown in. Would prefer a more experienced rider or riders, i.e., int or exp. I have toned it down a bit due to a broken shoulder last November, I'm still recovering.

My understanding is a lot of that area is closed also.

I do think that is officially closed, and patrolled. If not, I'll join you if it's on Sunday!

My understanding is a lot of that area is closed also.

Hey Old Man, how have you been? That area is open, I checked a while back with the FS, it's all good.

I do think that is officially closed, and patrolled. If not, I'll join you if it's on Sunday!

Hey Krannie, if I change to Sunday I will let you know.

I may be able to pull off Sunday. Don't know about specifics but I have seen lots of patrols in the area. :thumbsup:

Hey Old Man, how have you been? That area is open, I checked a while back with the FS, it's all good.

I'm doing OK. I need to have the head on my bike done before riding again. I'm going to pull it off tomorrow and have AS do it. I should be ready to go in a week or so. Are you up for a Cal City ride on the 30th with me. It will be about 150 miles.

Hey I am in for Sunday. Mike :thumbsup:

RIDERX

REGULATOR

KSRIDER

I'm down for Sunday if anyone is willing.

I think you are talking north east of the fire area, where the trail crosses SFS canyon road, no?

Where would we stage?

I'm doing OK. I need to have the head on my bike done before riding again. I'm going to pull it off tomorrow and have AS do it. I should be ready to go in a week or so. Are you up for a Cal City ride on the 30th with me. It will be about 150 miles.

150 mi, where would that be? I have some loops out there that are about 100 mi, yours sounds interesting, I might be up for that.

RIDERX

REGULATOR

KSRIDER

I'm down for Sunday if anyone is willing.

I think you are talking north east of the fire area, where the trail crosses SFS canyon road, no?

Where would we stage?

We stage just past the SFS staging lot at the bridge. Then ride some fire road to single track. We will never cross SFS during the ride. There is one tricky hill to get up on the lower section, you must be able to make it, I'm not pushing any bikes.:D

The ride will go all the way to lake Hughes, and then go back the same way. The rutted down hills are fun to go back up, but if you can't make them, you can bail out on the fire road.:eek: None of it is that tuff, if you stay on the gas.:thumbsup:

I will post tomorrow if I go Sunday, and it's looking good.

We stage just past the SFS staging lot at the bridge. Then ride some fire road to single track. We will never cross SFS during the ride. There is one tricky hill to get up on the lower section, you must be able to make it, I'm not pushing any bikes.:D

The ride will go all the way to lake Hughes, and then go back the same way. The rutted down hills are fun to go back up, but if you can't make them, you can bail out on the fire road.:eek: None of it is that tuff, if you stay on the gas.:thumbsup:

I will post tomorrow if I go Sunday, and it's looking good.

Are we talking plated or not?

Krannie- Are you guys looking for another for your ride?? I am stoked it is open again, would love to get a ride in Sun morning. Call me - Casey 562-673-1253

150 mi, where would that be? I have some loops out there that are about 100 mi, yours sounds interesting, I might be up for that.

Cal City!!! Then a 250 miles a few weeks later and Cal City to Primm a few weeks after that. Are you up for it?

Are we talking plated or not?

The only plate I have is in my shoulder.

Krannie- Are you guys looking for another for your ride?? I am stoked it is open again, would love to get a ride in Sun morning. Call me - Casey 562-673-1253

DWF/Rohwer is not open, this is the other side of San Fran Cyn, that area never closed.

Cool, do you have directions off the 5 fwy?

Would love to join you guys Sunday.

The only plate I have is in my shoulder.

...and in my head.........did you hear something..........?

Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight.