is it running right?

I have an 05 yamaha yfz 450, im at an elevation of about 0 to 1800ft. The mods i have in it are a k&n air filter, hmf slipon, boyseen qiukshot 2, dyno jetting and the cam mod. The jetting thats in it now is a 132 main, 48 pilote, 5th needle clip(dyno jets needle) with 3 turns out on the screw. Is it jetted write and if not what should i put in it?

I would really appreciate it if guys helped me or gave me suggestions with this.

how does it run?

It runs fine but i feel that i should be getting more power from it. i dont think that i have the fuel screw turned correctly. Also in first gear when i let go of the clutch and its rolling fine but i have to have the throtle pushed halfway befor its gets going.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By whiteduke13
      Bought a 1999 Yamaha xt350 couple months ago from a guy that hadn't started it since 2011. I started off removing majority of the big chucks of rust from the tank via bolts/vinegar, and replaced the fuel line, and inline filter with a see through material. Additionally I had the carburetor cleaned by a local shop. The shop messed something up and now the choke is stuck in the closed position, but the bike ran fine for two days in a row (about 2 hours each day). A week later it started dying while riding and I believe its because fuel isn't making it to the carb. I've checked the screens on the petcock, and replaced the tubing and filter to the carb. Before having the carb cleaned the inline filter would completely fill up before starting the bike but now only fills to a third of the way. The inline filter goes dry when running thus the motion fuel isn't making it to the carb. Flow through the fuel line is at a trickle when connected to carb but gushes when fed to a gas can. Any ideas to why I'm not getting flow???
    • By Kawasuzuki456
      So I have an 03 rm 125 and I’m having a problem with my jetting. My original 460 main jet that came out of the carb is huge and unlike any jet I’ve seen before. I also ordered a mikuni genuine main jet off of eBay and went to go put it in the carb (440 main) and it’s way too small. Not sure what to do. 

• By AKrazy
      Hello kids,
      Looking to get my second dual sport. Ive been riding for 3 years on my DR200. I mostly prefer single track and technical riding.
      I recently test rode the DRZ on dirt. I liked the extra grunt, but found it too tall for my legs and too top heavy for my riding style. 
      Anyway, I like what I've read about the KLX250's suspension and aftermarket mods. I see "easy install" kits and directions all over, but no information as to how the 2018 kid's EFI will change installing these kits.
      Will it require an aftermarket EFI? Or possibly even a carb swap kit?