Sign in to follow this  

08' KTM 300 XC-W (E) TOPSPEED? 0-60 mph?

just wondering what the topspeed of the 300 would have since it has a 5 speed wide ratio transmission.and what do you think 0 - 60 mph (0 - 100km/h) is on this fast beast? in my opinion im gonna say any where form 160 - 180 or more and a 0-60 mph in 3.3 secs - 3.5 secs at the most.:thumbsup: im also gonna pick up this baby in may or latest june i have givin the dealer a downpayment already.cant wait when to pick this monster up i have heard great things about it, and did alot of my research over the years on the 300 based ktm models, and they have come a long way with there technology.

are you sure man. my kdx tops out at aroun that speed from 70 - 80 mph. no the 08 300 should do what the manufacture had told me in regards to the bikes stock form. im saying it would do 100 mph - 120 mph (160km/h - 200 km/h) at least man

are you sure man. my kdx tops out at aroun that speed from 70 - 80 mph. no the 08 300 should do what the manufacture had told me in regards to the bikes stock form. im saying it would do 100 mph - 120 mph (160km/h - 200 km/h) at least man

The 75 mph sounds about right to me. My XC 300 does about 60 mph.

yes but its a bike with a wider gear ratio overall, and sprockets.it shouldnt be, i will let you guys no when i do it, it will be filmed when i get the bike, but first i gotta break in the sucker hahahaha.for now keep posting i know for sure its more than that it has to be.

oh god ktm300300300300300 made a new account, and btw it can go about 80 tops ive taken my dads to 74-75 before it got some headshake and there was some throttle left to grab

He's permanently gone. :eek:

Yeah! :thumbsup:

Bone stock on pavement, my '05 300EXC (same basic bike) did 82MPH on my GPS (odo showed 88). I didn't have a lot of room so I'm guessing with a better tuck and some more room, I could have seen 3-4MPH more.

I remember reading a review that said 88 mph w/stock gearing for the XCW.

The latest issue of dirt rider ran one against a new 530. The writter said the top speed was near identical and the 300's acceleration was quicker.

I dont know about top speed but a 300 2st IMO is the ultimate do it all bike. I would love to have one(especially a TM 300- theyre supposedly wicked powerful) of any brand:worthy: I might consider flywheel weights for single track though..

When I trail ride I mount a GPS to my bike. The fastest speed I have logged on my 08' 300XC-W is 80.5 MPH. I may be able to squeeze 1-2 more depending on terrain but that is pretty accurate for where I ride(high dezert 4000'-5000').:thumbsup:

160-180 on a 300 XC-W. Your new Hayabusa is not going to be doing that many klicks. I honestly can't imagine how you would think a dirt bike would do that. 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds. Even that estimate is too quick but not too far off. In the dirt, it just may feel that quick but if you were to be accustomed to street bikes that kind of acceleration is only something that sport bikes can manage.

160-180 on a 300 XC-W. Your new Hayabusa is not going to be doing that many klicks. I honestly can't imagine how you would think a dirt bike would do that. 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds. Even that estimate is too quick but not too far off. In the dirt, it just may feel that quick but if you were to be accustomed to street bikes that kind of acceleration is only something that sport bikes can manage.

The OP used to get on here often and come up with some crazy, off-the-wall stuff. He is obsessed with the 300 as you can tell. I think he may have a small short circuit upstairs. I think he means well, but he is very misleading. He frequently will ask a question only to correct you after you answer him. He can get an feud going real quick even if he doesn't mean to. He'll probably make his way back somehow.

Ohioian's have each others back! I don't think we are ever going to dry out after this past week. Todd

Ohioian's have each others back! I don't think we are ever going to dry out after this past week. Todd

Yes we do! :thumbsup: I don't remember the last time we had this much snow. I got stuck going out of my driveway in a jacked up Dakota 4x4 with new Toyo AT tires. I had to dig my way out! :eek: