Sign in to follow this  

Storm lowering link. Will if fit?

Hey guys just have a quick question about the Storm lowering link for my wifes 03 WR250f. The story goes as such. I ordered a lowering link for a wr and got an e-mail saying that the link does not fit that model. I done some searching on here before I ordered it and thought the YZ and WR were basically the same bike with the same suspension just different cam and other things to make it more of a trail bike. Anyway I e-mailed Storm directly and they said it should work. Should wasnt really the clear answer I was looking for. So I e-mailed the store that I tried to buy the link from and told them that Storm said it would probably fit and, did they have personal experience that the link would not work. They answered saying that their sales rep at Storm said absolutely not.:thumbsup::eek: Now Im starting to confuse myself. I checked the sticky and it confirmed that the bikes are basically the same.

So my question is. Does anyone know for sure if the link will work or not or should I go with another product? Any advice is appreciated and my wifey will thank you if she can come to a stop without falling over.

Thanks.

I really can't comment on the storm link as I don't have any experience with it. I do know that they make "linkages" to change the geomerty of the bike though and are not really "lowering" links. Make sure you actually ordered a lowering link, and the info you are getting is for that and not a "linkage". I went on Storms website and only seen the linkage - thats why I brought it up.

With that said..... here is a review I did a while ago on a lowering link for a wr250 from Mountain Motorsports. Hope this helps a bit.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305369

This linkage does fit on yz's and wr's like you asked about. Now if the Storm one does or not, I don't know.

I really can't comment on the storm link as I don't have any experience with it. I do know that they make "linkages" to change the geomerty of the bike though and are not really "lowering" links. Make sure you actually ordered a lowering link, and the info you are getting is for that and not a "linkage". I went on Storms website and only seen the linkage - thats why I brought it up.

With that said..... here is a review I did a while ago on a lowering link for a wr250 from Mountain Motorsports. Hope this helps a bit.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305369

This linkage does fit on yz's and wr's like you asked about. Now if the Storm one does or not, I don't know.

Yeah I checked before I ordered one because I thought you could pick the anodize color. I have come to the conclusion that the red one is the lowering link and the blue is the motocross link. I just checked the TT store and the catalog has the link listed for the 03-04 YZ125, YZ250, 250f, 450f. I read another post about a guy that said his friend added one to a WR. You would think the company that makes the part would know if it fits or not.

Oh well, I guess someone has to be the test dummy. And I'm a really good dummy.:thumbsup: