03 cr250 powervalve

A friend of mine has an 03 cr250 we are re building. I have rebuilt a lot of 2 stokes, but never one with an RC power valve. He said you are suposed to re time the power valve after unhooking it but i have never heard of this and he doesnt know how to do it. Anyone have any tips for me, or this bs?

A friend of mine has an 03 cr250 we are re building. I have rebuilt a lot of 2 stokes, but never one with an RC power valve. He said you are suposed to re time the power valve after unhooking it but i have never heard of this and he doesnt know how to do it. Anyone have any tips for me, or this bs?

There is no re-timing. You just have to re-adjust the linkage.

Let me find this link that shows the adjusts and I will post it....

Terry

ok, thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Yamaha0963
      Hey guys, so I recently bought a 02 cr250r on Craigslist.  The guy claims it has a new oem cylinder and piston with 30hrs and a new crank with 60hrs.  The bike also has a PC pipe, vforce reeds, keihin pwk. 
      Now my question is are they so easy to start?! My last bike was a yz250f and it had quite a bit of resistance when going through the compression kick and I got used to it.  When I went to start the cr250 I went through the compression kick out of habit and notice that the kick starter would drop under the wait of my leg and it was awkward for me as I was used to starting a 4t.  The bike started first kick cold with choke on and after warming it up it still started first kick.  Is it normal for the kick starter to drop under the weight of my leg or does it have low compression? Like I said it start first kick very easily.  The guy had 50/50 race gas and 93 pump gas at 40:1 (don't know about the premix) in the tank but I will be running 93 pump gas with stabil at 40:1 with Maxima super M (can't afford race gas) when I need to refill.  I will update when I start running my gas and see if it still starts the same. Thanks!
    • By Roman Krzyzanowski
      I have a 2000 Cr125r and I’m in the middle of rebuilding it I just put a new crank and new bearings and all new gaskets so far. I haven’t made it to the top end honestly I’m kinda stuck at this point I &%$#@!ed up and didn’t take pictures while taking it apart mistake on my end because I can’t even find any pictures or anything on it now. I already put the cases back together I’m now on the shift brake pause side I was wondering if anyone could help me with a few pictures of that side of the motor if someone had some? Or send me a link of a diagram of how it’s supposed to be and look. this is the only part I’m stuck on it’s pretty tricky but after that i just got the top end I really appreciate any advice or any pictures y’all come up with or diagram EVERYTHING helps I’m kinda dead in the water at this point ..

• By 870
      I have a 2005 cr125 new to me. I had millennium tech replate cylinder and supply new piston. I replaced crank bearings and now it won't hit power ban. It feels like a 4 stroke bouncing off rev limiter. It is also putting a lot of black spooge out of exhaust i mean a lot. The plug is black. I cleaned carb and adjusted floats. I also repacked silencer. I noticed the carb leaking gas out overflow the other day. I suspect it is running really rich. I have a brand new pwk from Jd jetting I'm going to try out. I also did a leakdown test and it held. I also am not 100% sure the power valve is set up right. The manual doesn't go into great detail about this. But it seems like there is only one way to put it back together. I have the engine out I'm going to do another leakdown test and double check my power valve and put it back together with this pwk. Any other thoughts out there?
    • By rrrak86
      Hello all!! I picked this up yesterday.  New to me 1997 RM250.  It has Rockstar graphics on it and the guy said it's a Rockstar edition bike.  I can't find anything online that would give me any details.  It looks to have the correct graphics and the radiator shrouds are purple.  Any ideas where to find out the details for these editions? 

• By 101 2-storke
      I have a 2003 Honda CR125R and am looking to get an aftermarket break pedal. but cant find any that will fit my bike. so I'm wondering if one for a 2004 CRF250R would fit my 2003 CR125. anyone know if it will?