How do I get a neck brace?

I would really like to get a neck brace for this upcoming motocross season. I am trying to talk my parents into getting me a neck brace cause I don't have the money. I have a job and everything but I just have enough to make payments for my bike and I will be paying for the next 5 months. I know that everyone should have a neck brace and all of the things that could happen without, or even with one. I showed them the Leatt and they saw the price and said maybe for my birthday (end of August). I don't know what to say to them. I had a hard time just talking them into letting me buy myself a dirt bike cause my mom thinks its too dangerous. I can tell my mom reasons why to get one but then I think she'll just think I shouldn't be riding at all. Is there anything I can say to her that will not freak her out?

Buy a neck roll? Buy the evs version? Split it with your parents? There are many options.

I already have an EVS neck roll and I don't think it does too much other than make the rider feel safer. The EVS brace looks like its just a regular nack roll in a plastic frame. I don't think it would be that much better. As for splitting it with my parents I have absolutly NO money.

See if your job will let you put in some overtime. Explain to them why you need the overtime and tell them how important it is to be safe while out riding. Maybe even your job will give you a sponsor to help out. You never know till you ask!!

Just sit down with them at dinner and let them know that you realize that motocross can be potentially dangerous and that you just want to take every possible precaution to maintain your safety. Then tell them an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

• Like 2

Just sit down with them at dinner and let them know that you realize that motocross can be potentially dangerous and that you just want to take every possible precaution to maintain your safety. Then tell them an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Well Spoken!!

Gas 4 U!!

• Like 1

I was looking into the EVS setup, and it looks like a VERY good piece, with a VERY good price. Leatt has had the industry at their mercy, and now that there is some kind of competition for them, the prices will begin to come down. ANY protection is better than nothing, and from the looks of things, the neck roll really isn't worth anything. I like the explanation idea, and if they value your neck as much as you seem to, they will help you out. Let us know how it goes, and ride safe!

I would really like to get a neck brace for this upcoming motocross season. I am trying to talk my parents into getting me a neck brace cause I don't have the money. I have a job and everything but I just have enough to make payments for my bike and I will be paying for the next 5 months. I know that everyone should have a neck brace and all of the things that could happen without, or even with one. I showed them the Leatt and they saw the price and said maybe for my birthday (end of August). I don't know what to say to them. I had a hard time just talking them into letting me buy myself a dirt bike cause my mom thinks its too dangerous. I can tell my mom reasons why to get one but then I think she'll just think I shouldn't be riding at all. Is there anything I can say to her that will not freak her out?

Gather up all the crap you have laying around and sell it on ebay. Everybody has cloths, used parts, ect, ect... that's worth something on ebay. Before long, you will have more than enough money for a Leatt.

You could possibly ask them to purchase the Leatt for you, then tell them after you have you have your bike paid off in 5 months or so, you will repay them for the brace. Even though the price may seem good I would not recommend the EVS brace, there is ZERO real world tests done with it. The leatt IS TESTED AND PROVEN. Spend the dinero and get the Leatt.

You could possibly ask them to purchase the Leatt for you, then tell them after you have you have your bike paid off in 5 months or so, you will repay them for the brace. Even though the price may seem good I would not recommend the EVS brace, there is ZERO real world tests done with it. The leatt IS TESTED AND PROVEN. Spend the dinero and get the Leatt.

no it actually isnt. the only way to real world test it is to intentionaly have riders lawn dart to see how many get paralyzed with it and without it.

no it actually isnt. the only way to real world test it is to intentionaly have riders lawn dart to see how many get paralyzed with it and without it.

WHAT???????????? There is NUMEROUS people on here that have tested theres out, INCLUDING ME!!!!!!!!! It is REAL WORLD TESTED, which means a REAL PERSON HAS ACTUALLY CRASHED WITH IT in a way that would most likely cause a severe neck injury and possible paralasis:bonk:

WHAT???????????? There is NUMEROUS people on here that have tested theres out, INCLUDING ME!!!!!!!!! It is REAL WORLD TESTED, which means a REAL PERSON HAS ACTUALLY CRASHED WITH IT in a way that would most likely cause a severe neck injury and possible paralasis:bonk:

Sorry dude but who says it would or wouldnt? Sure, you are gonna want to justify your $400 purchase by saying I would have broken my neck without it but do you really know? I don't think so.

Exactly! ?

• Like 1

Sorry dude but who says it would or wouldnt? Sure, you are gonna want to justify your $400 purchase by saying I would have broken my neck without it but do you really know? I don't think so.

Why dispute it? What makes you a judge? Why are you trying to talk people out of buying something that may save them?

I've crash tested my Leatt and walked away from a crash that should've killed me. I had sore neck muscles for 3 weeks, a trashed helmet and CP, but no other injury. That enough proof for you?

So go ahead and volunteer yourself. YOU be the yard dart subject that doesn't get to wear a neck brace.

I just don't understand why some of you are so anti-Leatt. A lot of us have tested it the hard way.

I'm not trying to talk anybody out of it, I think its a great idea. I am just saying that there is no proof the leatt is better then the EVS or vice versa so why try to say there is. I have lawn darted plenty of times sans neck brace and I'm fine. How did all you people who think this neck brace has saved your life survive without it? Something tells me if it truly has saved all your necks there would be a hell of alot more people breaking their necks without them. I do want to get one, but I am gonna wait till I can see an EVS in person and/or the leatt comes down in price before I buy.

Would you rather spend the rest of your life paralized? $400 is a small price to pay for something that could/would/probably will save you at some point or another. I feel FULLY justified in the money I spent on my leatt. I ride with all the gear I feel will protect me best in the event of a crash. Good Helmet, Good boots, Knee Guards, Chest Protector, Leatt. Safety is not something to skimp out on.

do you know for sure that you would have broke your neck without it? No, you dont. were you there to witness their crash and confirm they would of died without it, no, you werent. Fact is, it is a preventative device, not a life saver. Just like condoms.

Why dispute it? What makes you a judge? Why are you trying to talk people out of buying something that may save them?

I've crash tested my Leatt and walked away from a crash that should've killed me. I had sore neck muscles for 3 weeks, a trashed helmet and CP, but no other injury. That enough proof for you?

no one said im judge, im not fighting anything, not trying to talk him out of anything. im all for neck protection, its the way alot of you guys post about it that annoys me...u guys are like BUY OR DIE.

So go ahead and volunteer yourself. YOU be the yard dart subject that doesn't get to wear a neck brace.

I just don't understand why some of you are so anti-Leatt. A lot of us have tested it the hard way.

Im not anti-leatt...im just anti fear advertising.