bike for my son

Im tryin to find my 12 year old five foot son a bike, and I know that its gonna be a 125, but what brand of bike. Im lookin at kawa right now:confused:

When I was 12 any modern 125 would have been awsome, so I think just get best bike you can find for the money.

Ed

im 14 5'2 and have been riding for 4 years so i have a fair amount of experience i ride a kx100 and its amazing i looked at several 125's and height was deffinately an issue, even with lowering links. the seat height is perfect for me i can tip toe it comfortably and its really light, plus this thing can go... and i mean really go. i outrun my dad on his kdx200 most of the time, plus if your gonna want to do any trail riding at all kx100 are really good also. very easy to handle. i thought a kx125 or an rm125 was good at first but then i really stood up next to one (the rm) and sat on one it i new that it wasnt going to be too good, infact it was so tall that my dad wouldnt let me test ride it, he rode it and said they had very little low end and an edgy power band(aswell as the kx125), although the kx100 can have that problem too it doesnt have so much of a kick once you start to hit the power band as long as you have somewhat decent throttle control(of course you might feel it if you go from putting it along to pinning wide open)so look around for a kx100 i would say plus they arent too pricey

hope i helped alittle bit

yeah im 13 5'2 im looking to get a kx100

the 125s are just too tall for me

im 5 foot 6 and im racing a kx100 i think he is not physically big enough for a 125. how long has he been riding, whats his skill level? but i race harescrambles and a 125 would be to big and heavy for a 2 hour race.

I bought my girl (5 ft 3 in tall, 110 lbs) a KX 125. She was intimidated by the seat height because she couldn't touch the ground with both feet. I bought a used seat from the classifieds on TT and shaved her a "step seat" so she could touch. After a couple weeks riding time she got comfortable with touching the ground with one foot when she stopped and now we switched back to the stock seat. She loves her bike...easy to start, handles great and light enough to pick up when she falls.

Heck, we even used a flywheel weight for a ride or two until she got used to the power. I still have it, but never use it anymore.

get him a KAWA!!!! im the same size as your son and i love my kx125 -garage for pics...(yay!! this is my 250th post)

im 14 5'2 and have been riding for 4 years so i have a fair amount of experience i ride a kx100 and its amazing i looked at several 125's and height was deffinately an issue, even with lowering links. the seat height is perfect for me i can tip toe it comfortably and its really light, plus this thing can go... and i mean really go. i outrun my dad on his kdx200 most of the time, plus if your gonna want to do any trail riding at all kx100 are really good also. very easy to handle. i thought a kx125 or an rm125 was good at first but then i really stood up next to one (the rm) and sat on one it i new that it wasnt going to be too good, infact it was so tall that my dad wouldnt let me test ride it, he rode it and said they had very little low end and an edgy power band(aswell as the kx125), although the kx100 can have that problem too it doesnt have so much of a kick once you start to hit the power band as long as you have somewhat decent throttle control(of course you might feel it if you go from putting it along to pinning wide open)so look around for a kx100 i would say plus they arent too pricey

hope i helped alittle bit

im 12 ....5' 4'' and ride a 2001 kx125....how are you guys too small for a 125????

im 12 ....5' 4'' and ride a 2001 kx125....how are you guys too small for a 125????

i ride a kx250f also but i race a kx100 for harescrambles because my kx250f is too heavey for me in harescrambles but when i race mx the kx250f is perfect for the 20 minnute motos but in a 2 hour race throught the woods its too heavy. but im thinking about getting a 125 mid season. its not the power or size its weight.

i dunno maybe i have short legs...

i stood next to one and i said

"aint no way im sittin on that!"

im just tippied toed on my 150f

i dunno maybe i have short legs...

i stood next to one and i said

"aint no way im sittin on that!"

im just tippied toed on my 150f

could be.. cause my legs are really long... e feel like erckle or something:foul:

its called short legged

my whole family except my sister suffer the same thing as me

its called short legged

my whole family except my sister suffer the same thing as me

oh...thats common...im just... """"differnt"""" i guess:p