Sign in to follow this  

Raising suspension in 05 ttr 230

I have a 2005 ttr 230. I was wondering idf there was a way to raise the rear suspension or to stiffen it up some. My brother has a 06 ttr 230 and his suspension is much stiffer and it sits a little higher than mine. Any pictures or info is much appreciated.

-Tyler

without sinking 800 or so for the yz parts i think the only thing to do is to get a stiffer spring but idk if they make it for the 230 .or you could buy the tool to adjust your shock to shiffen it up all u do is tighen the lock nut on the spring to stiffen it

Cannon racecraft makes fork springs and a rear shock spring.Pretty simple install and not to expensive.I like mine set up with there stuff.

without sinking 800 or so for the yz parts i think the only thing to do is to get a stiffer spring but idk if they make it for the 230 .or you could buy the tool to adjust your shock to shiffen it up all u do is tighen the lock nut on the spring to stiffen it

would you happen to have a picture of where exactly that is located on the bike?

its on the top of the rear shock cant miss it lol theres a top one and a bottom they have notches on them now to stiffen it up you tighten the top one.but the tool you need to adjust it is called a spanner one there like 20 some bucks.

On top of the shock there are two notched type nuts.The top nut locks the bottom one in place you have to loosen the top one then turn the bottom one down to add more load on the spring.Then when you have your sag set lock the top nut back down against the bottom one.