450x Help I Want To Ride Tomorrow>>>

Just got the bike back from the shop where they re-jetted the carb. Now it is hard to start and once it starts it shuts off as soon as the choke is pushed back in. It is running rough and backfiring too. Help I want to ride tomorrow

Ummmm.....Didn't the shop check it out to see if it ran right before they gave it back to you? That's messed-up!! I don't know where to begin to help you out here other than maybe looking for a rag in the intake boot and maybe trying to adjust your fuel screw. Rag in the intake boot is probably it....No kidding.

Ummmm.....Didn't the shop check it out to see if it ran right before they gave it back to you? That's messed-up!! I don't know where to begin to help you out here other than maybe looking for a rag in the intake boot and maybe trying to adjust your fuel screw. Rag in the intake boot is probably it....No kidding.

Yeah if its not a really dumb mistake (such as a rag in the boot) and they gave you your bike back like that after they "rejetted" it, then that is messed up. Make sure that the carb is fully seated in and you don't have any air leaks as well.

sure sounds like a plugged pilot jet. Do you have the jetting specs that they put in? They might have put the wrong size in. I would open the fuel screw a turn and see if it gets better. What part of Ca. do you live in? I have a few pilot jets in the garage.

sure sounds like a plugged pilot jet. Do you have the jetting specs that they put in? They might have put the wrong size in. I would open the fuel screw a turn and see if it gets better. What part of Ca. do you live in? I have a few pilot gets in the garage.

?

Might be as simple as turning the idle up a tad!

Compressed air and brakeclean works well for cleaning the jets. If you have the jet removed make sure you hold on to it or it will end up on the other side of the garage floor! Been there!

Might be as simple as turning the idle up a tad!

Compressed air and brakeclean works well for cleaning the jets. If you have the jet removed make sure you hold on to it or it will end up on the other side of the garage floor! Been there!

...and hold it up to the sunlight, to make sure it is clean clear through.

Thanks for the help guys, it was my neighbor and his wife called him home. But I will forward the suggestions, I think you are right about eat being a jetting issue, bad gas or something, when it did run it kept reving on its own...

Air leak somewhere?

Thats what I'm thinking. Make sure the air filter is on all the way (right way). Check around the carb to make sure its fully seated and tight. Try spraying carb cleaner or WD-40 around that area to reveal any air intake leaks (while bike is running). If there is one the idle will rise while spraying.

How old is the gas? Try draining the tank along with the float bowl and refill it, throw in a new plug and check for any leaks. Then try starting it again.

• Like 1

Did it run right when brought home from work shop?? If not I would take it back and ask em whats up?? Sounds like a air leak problem though but still if you paid to have it worked on and wont run right afterwards Id take it back