need more power

06 450x i would like to get more power what can i do

Start with basic airbox, jetting, and exhaust mods. After that the sky is the limit.

start with the search feature....there is actually the same thread, same title on this page as of 3-7-08

good luck and have fun with your new toy:thumbsup:

06 450x i would like to get more power what can i do

First off, welcome to TT.

As mentioned an afternoon of mods and jetting will help tremendously on the X. I also suggest a quality aftermarket exhaust. Modifying the stock exhaust helps but in my opinion doesn't compare to the crisp linear power and throttle response an aftermarket unit gives you, it really completes the system....

Check the sticky's at the top of the page and use the search engine a little, there is so much info around here it will keep you busy for a while!

Define "more".

Define "more".

Maybe more where?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By TheVolta
      New bike is confirmed, your welcome. 

• By DanielX450
      Hey guys I could really use some help. I bought a 2005 CRF 450x that has an aftermarket air filter, full FMF exhaust system (pipe and header), removed backfire screen, and removed air snorkel. Bike idles and starts just fine, but when I hold the throttle anywhere from barely at all to about 1/2 it bogs, wants to die, and backfires. Seems like lean running conditions to me because if i leave the choke on the problem mostly goes away. Additionally, if i move the air screw out almost all the way (to the point where it could vibrate off), it seems to clean up a little bit. I am trying to determine whether bigger jet(s) would fix it or if its something else. My dad thought it might be the float level, but I'm really not sure. Thanks in advance for your help!
    • By pro dirt
      hi, I'm buying a crf450x and this is the first 450x I'm gonna own but i was a bit confused on one of the pictures. i checked on other crf450x pictures and could not find this on any of the others. There is a gap right below the air filter and above the swingarm and I was wondering if it was normal. 

Thanks!!!

• By David Rediger
      I have a 05 CRF450X that was just rebuilt that is not starting via its electric start. I can start it with the kick starter as well as a rolling start down a hill though. Once started it seems to run just fine. I have it at a bike shop right now and they are stumped as well. So far I know the battery has been tested/replaced, the carb has been cleaned, jetting is good, and they have also tested the starter motor and things all look okay. Any ideas where to look next?