What oil to use?

i am getting an 08 rmz450 when it comes in at my dealer which i was told should be sometime next week. this is my first 450, i am coming off a rm250 what kind of oil do yall recommend? is the engine oil and clutch the same? what i mean is the engine oil used in the clutch and vice versa?

i am getting an 08 rmz450 when it comes in at my dealer which i was told should be sometime next week. this is my first 450, i am coming off a rm250 what kind of oil do yall recommend? is the engine oil and clutch the same? what i mean is the engine oil used in the clutch and vice versa?

Depending on what part of tennessee your from, there is a cycle gear in memphis, nashville, and knoxville. They carry Motul and I recommend (Motul 3000 10w40), it seems to work very well in all weather conditions, during the summer it would be easy to go to a 20w50.

If you don't like Motul, I would recommend just sticking with a Suzuki oil.

I am pretty sure that the manual for the 07 says to use the MOTUL... Not sure if its going to be the same for the 08. i personallyt use the Zook oil and have not had any problems. I change my oil every 2 rides or every really long ride (about 70-100mi). It is cheap and always comes out semi clear. hope this helps.

i will change my just like u hammer- since i will change all the time, i seem to think any good quality of oil will work- but it seems every1 likes motul- i will definitely see what the manual says but motul is up on my list

I thought about it. If I were to go a few more rides before changing the oil I would consider using a higher end oil. I also don't ride at a track, I am a woods and desert kind of guy. Sand occassionally too.

I run catrol in my 2007 rmz450 10w-40. And it runs awesome, but stupid me fogot to rejet for the unusal cold weather in arizona. So right now im getting some backfiring problems and hard starts, but the oil isnt the problem. But choose what you like!

single sump, its not a CRF. Motul 300V....pricey stuff but its good.