Daytona

Can we say RAIN!?

lol.

i was at the corner just before the 2nd triple, it had about a 3ft puddle with a nice rut in it, so many people fell :thumbsup::eek:

Anyways, i feel sooo sorry for Reed.

Ohh well, he is on a yam, so i don't care too much.

hehe.

Was Reed leading the race when he fell? :thumbsup:

Yes...lapped up to 3rd and was unable to restart his bike.

Was Reed leading the race when he fell? :thumbsup:

Yep.

i think there was like 1 lap to go, an windham took the win

It was the final lap, 3 corners to the finish.

Man that really sux :thumbsup::eek:

Never seen so much water in a supercross.

It was worst than Holey Lands on a bad day!

:thumbsup::eek::D:ride::lol::ride: :ride: :ride::cry::eek::(:o:p

Never seen so much water in a supercross.

It was worst than Holey Lands on a bad day!

:thumbsup::eek::D:ride::lol::ride: :ride: :ride::cry::eek::(:o:p

yeah. i got some pics of before and after.

I went down to the track and took a corner shot, then a few more.

H/o ill try and upload them.

Carl where were you?

I was next to the 2nd triple. against the fence. (i got there nice and early ;D)

Do you remember the ABC Wide World Of Sports clip.

I see Chad Reed trying to restart his overheated YZ and this part comes to mind:

...AND THE AGONY OF DEFEAT...

What a race.

:thumbsup::eek::D:ride::lol::ride: :ride:

I was on the track for the practices, but moved up to the second deck for the races. The view was perfect from the top.

I was on the track for the practices, but moved up to the second deck for the races. The view was perfect from the top.

Yeah well...

I almost got some free goggles! :thumbsup:

But they gave them to the person next to me =[

Do you remember the ABC Wide World Of Sports clip.

I see Chad Reed trying to restart his overheated YZ and this part comes to mind:

...AND THE AGONY OF DEFEAT...

What a race.

:thumbsup::eek::D:ride::lol::ride: :ride:

That poor guy on the ski jump!!!! Howard Cosel blabing every week......I miss those days:cry: :ride:

I didn't make the Supercross, but I was there yesterday for the Daytona 200 and the Superbikes race. The track was still there and it looked really bad and washed out. Kind of glad I didn't have ticket s now.

"Was Reed leading the race when he fell? "

He didn't fall, the stupid shit took the inside line on that corner on the last dam lap! for some reason, he was going outside line every lap:crazy: . The bike bogged in the mud/water and died:banghead: :thumbsup::eek: .

Stupid is as stupid does!!! (been there, done that)

Don:thumbsup:

"Rain drops keep fallin' on my head, but that doesan't mean .....!!"

The bike didn't bog in the mud, it blew up. If you watch the race on SPEED, you can see the bike backfire real bad. Something let loose in the motor.

How come Reed got a 7th place finish and he never crossed the finish line? I would call that a DNF and no points. Is ther a rule on that?

Yes there is a rule. Once all the riders on the lead lap cross then everyone else is scored on their position. Reed lapped up to 5th place so he was the 6th and last rider still on the lead lap.

He got 7th because he was docked one position by the AMA for cutting the track. Actually he was charged a 3min 30sec penalty.

It was interesting to hear Ricky's commentary during the race. I think he added a racer's perspective to what was going on. He even mentioned that Reed was going through the deepest part on one of the turns where they had seen numerous riders go down or stall out. Will Carmichael be doing anymore TV commentary during the Supercross series or was this a one time thing?

MarkC

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Dutchboi17
      I live in the NOVA area, and i need to find some more people to ride supermotos with around here! i feel like around here theyre a dying breed and ive only found one or two
      I ride a 2011 drz400s converted to sm and i live in manassas
      Lets meet up and go ride!
    • By Gary Semics

Hitting your landing target is critical in motocross. It is also better for your health! Not only hitting your landing, but getting there quickly is also important. The two most common techniques regarding jumping are absorbing the take off to stay low and launching the take off to clear an obstacle, to make it to the landing.  
      If you like this riding tip, it's just the tip of the iceberg.  Get all the riding techniques and practice methods that will elevate your riding skills For REAL from our Motocross Techniques/Training DVDs or one of our three Instant Access Video On Demand Subscriptions.
      Here's a stop/slow motion riding video where I point out the important techniques:
      If you'd like more riding tips, be sure to click the "Follow this Bog" button in the upper right of the screen. Then you'll be automatically notified of my new entries.
      Gary
      Alpinestars
      Dunlop
      Fox
      Factory Connection
      Renthal
      Maxima
      Scott
      VP
      Wiseco
      Works Connection
      Black Ops Moto
      SDGSeats
      Ripped Vinyl
    • By FLMoto44
      I recently moved from the West Coast of the US to FL.  Out west we have many vet racing clubs and its the best mx riding out there.   I wonder is there enough riders here in FL or the southeast to have a club and put on at least one big race per year?   Who out there would show up to race a vet event?   
      The big reason it is good fun is that you get more seat time and their are less moto's in the day so you do not spend all your time waiting around for 30 moto's.   The last event I raced was 5 moto's per age class.   Yes they had two support classes also for non age members.   
      What are your thoughts on this in FL?
      Also for those who don't know Vet means old in this case and not ex military.  Normally the clubs do 30+ as their age classes.

• By MikeCa9
      Hi everyone. I have a 2008 400 SM and really like it--my first thumper in many years. It came to me with a Yosh muffler and a Uni air filter (which I cleaned & oiled w factory fluids). It has the stock Mikuni 36. It looks like it's been regularly maintained over the years, and I've done some stuff to it...
      Turkey baster mod Shorai battery + free power mod Engine oil rebreather box deleted (hoses capped/rerouted appropriately) 3 x 3 JD jetting kit It's that last part I have some questions about, and I'm hoping to connect with someone near Falls Church who knows these bikes well. I think I like the way it runs, but I'm not sure I have the jetting correct, mostly because I don't know what's 'normal' for these bikes. What should I expect in terms of power curve and delivery? Currently I'm at 160 main, 25 pilot, clip at 4th groove from top, fuel screw at 2.5 turns out. It took me a few tries to get here, too.
      I'm taking it out west for a month in a little while and will be riding from just above sea level up to around 7,000 ft. I'd really appreciate the chance to go over it with someone who's got more experience with the platform...I can come to you...and I'm expecting to compensate you for your time...
      Thanks! - Mike
    • By CJHarris314
      Guys check out a inside interview we did with the owner at WW Motocross park gives a different view and some cool info on the track provided by the moto stop show