Daytona

Can we say RAIN!?

lol.

i was at the corner just before the 2nd triple, it had about a 3ft puddle with a nice rut in it, so many people fell ?:eek:

Anyways, i feel sooo sorry for Reed.

Ohh well, he is on a yam, so i don't care too much.

hehe.

Never seen so much water in a supercross.

It was worst than Holey Lands on a bad day!

?:eek::D:ride:?:ride: :ride: :ride:?:eek::(:o?

yeah. i got some pics of before and after.

I went down to the track and took a corner shot, then a few more.

H/o ill try and upload them.

Carl where were you?

I was next to the 2nd triple. against the fence. (i got there nice and early ;D)

Do you remember the ABC Wide World Of Sports clip.

I see Chad Reed trying to restart his overheated YZ and this part comes to mind:

...AND THE AGONY OF DEFEAT...

What a race.

?:eek::D:ride:?:ride: :ride:

That poor guy on the ski jump!!!! Howard Cosel blabing every week......I miss those days:cry: :ride:

"Was Reed leading the race when he fell? "

He didn't fall, the stupid shit took the inside line on that corner on the last dam lap! for some reason, he was going outside line every lap:crazy: . The bike bogged in the mud/water and died:banghead: ?:eek: .

Stupid is as stupid does!!! (been there, done that)

Don:thumbsup:

"Rain drops keep fallin' on my head, but that doesan't mean .....!!"

Yes there is a rule. Once all the riders on the lead lap cross then everyone else is scored on their position. Reed lapped up to 5th place so he was the 6th and last rider still on the lead lap.

He got 7th because he was docked one position by the AMA for cutting the track. Actually he was charged a 3min 30sec penalty.

It was interesting to hear Ricky's commentary during the race. I think he added a racer's perspective to what was going on. He even mentioned that Reed was going through the deepest part on one of the turns where they had seen numerous riders go down or stall out. Will Carmichael be doing anymore TV commentary during the Supercross series or was this a one time thing?

MarkC