cam with kibblewhites??

I just got the athena 280 kit and kibble white valves+springs..

can I throw a hotcam stage 2 in my bike with the kibblewhite valves???

im not sure because the springs are stiffer will this throw off the timing of the hot cam

if it does throw off the timing is it still worth it cuase i wanted some top end back to

my ride??

no it wont throw it off and yes you can use the cam

I have KW valves, springs, guides and a Stage 1. Great set-up. Unrelated to your post, but Hot Cams are really easy on the valve train.

i just checked there sight and the stage 2 says it "uses stock valve springs"

the stage 1 doesnt say this so.......

The stage 1 will work just fine and you will notice from the time you first start it up. :thumbsup:

I just got the athena 280 kit and kibble white valves+springs..

can I throw a hotcam stage 2 in my bike with the kibblewhite valves???

im not sure because the springs are stiffer will this throw off the timing of the hot cam

if it does throw off the timing is it still worth it cuase i wanted some top end back to

my ride??

Can you post a ride report on the 280 kit with the hotcam? I'm interested in how the bike runs with this setup. I currently have a CRF450 but thinking about getting a 250 and putting the big bore kit with a stage 2 cam. Thanks,

Can you post a ride report on the 280 kit with the hotcam? I'm interested in how the bike runs with this setup. I currently have a CRF450 but thinking about getting a 250 and putting the big bore kit with a stage 2 cam. Thanks,

id be happy to tell you how the 280 and stage 2 cam run if someone would tell me if i could run the stage 2???

2 people told me that the stage 1 works but i dont care about that....

does the STAGE 2 work????

both cams were designed to run with stock springs and valves the stage 1 is for bottom end the stage 2 for top end

both cams were designed to run with stock springs and valves the stage 1 is for bottom end the stage 2 for top end

dude im aware that the stage 2 gives top end im looking for someone to verify that the stage 2 with kibblewhite springs is a ok!

since it can use stock springs and valves then it will be able to use better springs and valves like kibblewhite

the only thing your gonna have going against you is the fact the kibblewhite spring kits is that its a heavier spring kit so you wont get the performance as ya would with a lighter valve train

so it will still help add some top end just not as much

You are also gonna have a differant engine noise when you put the KW's in. Personally I dont think a 250f is worth putting the valves in. You will find out that it will take some hp away and if you ride it super hard will be dissappointed. Stick with stock on the 250 imo. I cratered an 04 and went back with the 06 head,valves,everything and the bike rocks. Stage 1 hot cam and WB pipe lots of pull. GL.

I have a WEB cam with kibblewhite valve kit with a rev box on my machine.....no problems and the valve clearance is solid as they day everything was installed