Pilot Jet: #42

Needle clip: 4th from top

Needle: NGGQ

Main Jet: #168

Other stock jet sizes, IIRC:

Slow Air jet: #100

Leak jet: #55

Starter (choke) jet: #70

IIRC, my '05 also came with an alternate #170 main jet, in a Honda parts package, along with the manual, spoke wrench, and plug wrench. I guessed it was for cold weather riding, but never used it after installing a JD jet kit.

ya i found out mine is 168 i appreicate it tho.. hey i got another question i ordered a slow air jet and the sizes i ordered are 40, 42, 45 are those the right size for the slow air jet

If you ordered those sizes, then you ordered fuel "slow jets", aka pilot jets. That is probably what you wanted to order if you are trying to tune your idle circuit.

The "slow air jet" is a completely different animal, and is rarely changed, only by a few super tuners, with extensive carb mods.

o ok so i probably ordered the right thing because we are making the main jet smaller cuz its running way too rich.. and my dad also might wanna change the slow air jet

I find it hard to believe that it is way too rich on top, with a #168. Are you sure you have the correct stock needle, and the clip in the 4th postion?

My factory jetting was a bit lean on my '05.

I have never heard of anyone with a stock carb needing to change an air jet. It just isn't done normally.

well just to let you know i really cant tell you much about carburators.. my dad is the 37 year mechanic and can do this in his sleep..

but trust me everything is stock on it except i changed the airfilter.. and it fouls out spark plugs instantly and hard to start.. it runs once u get it started.. but then u pull the spark plug and its as black as night..

he just wants me to get the parts incase we need to change stuff on race day or something like that.. the main jet on mine is 168 and i am going leaner to a 165 or 162

• 13 years later...