Sign in to follow this  

Suspension work due to injury//

I know you guys have spoken about Stitch, and was wondering if he is primarily setting up track bikes or if the old DRZ pig is something he could set up for me. The rear end tends to bounce up and hit me often/ I also think the front could use some adjustment and new oil. I injured my right hand torn tendon between ring and middle finger. Swelling for about two weeks now final ly went to the Docand am unable to ride for a couple of weeks and thought this would be a perfect time to have the work done?

I know you guys have spoken about Stitch, and was wondering if he is primarily setting up track bikes or if the old DRZ pig is something he could set up for me. The rear end tends to bounce up and hit me often/ I also think the front could use some adjustment and new oil. I injured my right hand torn tendon between ring and middle finger. Swelling for about two weeks now final ly went to the Docand am unable to ride for a couple of weeks and thought this would be a perfect time to have the work done?

my drz does the same thing. forks bottom horribly but have midstroke harshness at the same time. they need help bad

Yes he can.........sucks about your hand.

Brett is Stitch's numero uno sales rep! Be sure to tell Stitch I recommended you, not Brett! :thumbsup:

Joe, your suspension is probably overdue for servicing anyway. I think the DRZ's rear shock has high speed compression dampening. You should try softening that up. But you might as well let Stitch see what he can do with the valving for you.

Brett is Stitch's numero uno sales rep! Be sure to tell Stitch I recommended you, not Brett! :thumbsup:

Joe, your suspension is probably overdue for servicing anyway. I think the DRZ's rear shock has high speed compression dampening. You should try softening that up. But you might as well let Stitch see what he can do with the valving for you.

I give props to all the people, shops, etc. that I feel do a good job.

Contact info anyone?

480-357-6200 He should be back from Daytona by Monday morning unless they go to Cali for testing.

Thank s guys I had Palo verde service it two years ago and thought I would try Stitch due to all the positive things I hear and read about him. What should I expect to pay any ideas?

Thank s guys I had Palo verde service it two years ago and thought I would try Stitch due to all the positive things I hear and read about him. What should I expect to pay any ideas?

Less than you would anywhere else, that is reputable anyway. It depends on what all he needs to do.

I give props to all the people, shops, etc. that I feel do a good job.

480-357-6200 He should be back from Daytona by Monday morning unless they go to Cali for testing.

IF,IF,IF he did not DROWN in Daytona!!!

glenn

IF,IF,IF he did not DROWN in Daytona!!!

glenn

LOL.....Ryan had a DNS.....wonder why?

Less than you would anywhere else, that is reputable anyway. It depends on what all he needs to do.

Stitch is AWESOME and he cares about his work. I had mine done b4 the Globe race and my rear spring was on backorder and the bike still performed great. I'll be dropping it off this Monday to have the rear spring installed and have my Valves adjusted. 2 thumbs up for Stitch:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last year Palo Verde Suspension did a tune up (changed oil, re-charged rear shock and cleaned up sus.) and I think I paid $280. Was gonna cost me about $100 in parts and tools to try and do it myself. Dual chamber front kayaba forks looked a little more complex than most so I paid them to do it. I called them last week to get a rough estimate for a revalve for trail riding not mx and possible new springs in front and was told about $550....Ugh.

Last year Palo Verde Suspension did a tune up (changed oil, re-charged rear shock and cleaned up sus.) and I think I paid $280. Was gonna cost me about $100 in parts and tools to try and do it myself. Dual chamber front kayaba forks looked a little more complex than most so I paid them to do it. I called them last week to get a rough estimate for a revalve for trail riding not mx and possible new springs in front and was told about $550....Ugh.

Stitch replaced my front and rear springs,rebuilt the rear shock, and did some "magic" to the stock valving on both ends of the bike.. I think he added some shims,drilled out some passages,etc:excuseme: Suspension to me is like voodoo, I really don't know much about it. But my bike sure does ride nice now.....Anyways, I think a lot can be done without replacing the guts up front, if you know what to do.....A+ for Stitch.

Stitch replaced my front and rear springs,rebuilt the rear shock, and did some "magic" to the stock valving on both ends of the bike.. I think he added some shims,drilled out some passages,etc:excuseme: Suspension to me is like voodoo, I really don't know much about it. But my bike sure does ride nice now.....Anyways, I think a lot can be done without replacing the guts up front, if you know what to do.....A+ for Stitch.

Roughly what kind of tab did you run up for that kind of work?

Last year Palo Verde Suspension did a tune up......I called them last week to get a rough estimate for a revalve for trail riding not mx and possible new springs in front and was told about $550....Ugh.
Definitely take it to Stitch.

A couple of months ago, I spoke to someone who used to work at PaloVerde. He explained that when they do a re-valve, they are replacing stock parts with their own valves and pistons. That's a lot of what you're paying for.

Like Shellberg said, if you got someone like Stitch who knows what he's doing, the stock parts can be made to work very very well.

You're paying for the MX-Tech valves. You don't have to have the valves installed but, once you have them in a rebuild is $80 and they'll update the valve if there have been any revisions since you last had it serviced.

I bought into all that mess after reading a bunch of stuff about MX-Tech valves. I could have spent less with Stitch if I had known of him earlier. It is what it is now. I'll consider having him do the rebuild when that time comes.

Roughly what kind of tab did you run up for that kind of work?

Roughly the same as you paid before....I do not want to quote pricing for Stitch though. I told him Brett sent me and I am pretty sure that added 100 bucks to my tab straight away...:thumbsup:

yeah I had the PDL stuff put in my WR by Justin(big money) but the 3 way adjustment for compression on the rear was really nice, front forks were easy.

The KTM already had high/low/mid adjuster on the rear, but they are just expensive to work on, require more delicate machine work ect. oh well, gonna be gettting the forks done in the next few months probably.