Spark arresters in Nevada

The AMA website states that NV does not require a spark arrester and the BLM website states that NV requires one and that all riders must comply with Nevada laws and regulations when operating on public lands. Well a friend of mine got a ticket for not having one out on power line road near Nelson, I was always told that land was owned by the power company, and if so how can the ranger write a ticket for no SA on private property?

I tried that one to in federal court and the judge was on the BLM's side all the way. Mine was for having my (lic) truck on a powerline road at end of north Decatur.

Sparky's mandatory in Nevada period.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By wr250ish
      I have a set of continental twindoodoo tires for free pickup in santa Clarita.  Ridden under 50 miles in the dirt and removed. Removed off a new FE450. Been sitting in my garage for a bit over a month. Going in the trash monday. Zip 91387
      90/90-21
      120/90-18
      Yes I know there is a classified section and i did post there but let's be honest, nobody looks at anything in the TT classifieds.. ...lol

• By wr250ish
      My son's 15-16 WR250F is needing a new clutch/basket. I'm not interested in an auto clutch so my question Is do any of you have experience with the Hinson billetproof or the Rekluse core manual torq. Drive. There is a $200 difference favoring the Rekluse and of course both sites say their product is the best. Any pointers here would be appreciated.
    • By wr250ish
      My son's 15-16 WR250F is needing a new clutch/basket. I'm not interested in an auto clutch so my question Is do any of you have experience with the Hinson billetproof or the Rekluse core manual torq. Drive. There is a $200 difference favoring the Rekluse and of course both sites say their product is the best. Any pointers here would be appreciated.
    • By Babyarmholdingapple
      One really should if you can, we need our input heard.
      I will be there looking for my buddy Scott to buy him a beer. 

• By ARNIEDIRT
      Completely of topic here, but worth a shot, looking for a good place to purchase a couple of new deep cycle batteries. These have really gone up in price recently, so reaching out for a connection in the forum might work. In the LA area, but get down to OC all the time, any contact help would be great, thanks all.