Sign in to follow this  

Help a newb with suspension

I am too heavy for the shock suspension (195lbs). I have decided to send it out and lets the professionals do it cause they, ulike me, know what they are doing. Here is my problem, I know I will need a revalve and stiffer spring, but what else will I need? Is that it? There are so many other options that I don't even know what they are like, rebound micro adjuster housing, spring guide space se, ect....:thumbsup:

I'm 208 and I'm not too heavy. At 195 you're in the target zone for the stock boingers.

Yes you are too heavy for it. You cannot set your race sag properly if your too heavy for your springs, which you are.

Call race tech (www.racetech.com) and tell them your weight. They will send you the correct springs for your bike.

Then check out this video for setting your sag.

Also read these tips to help you better understand it.

http://www.mb1suspension.com/id8.html

I have been riding with stock springs for years at 210lbs. When I got the correct spring rates I could not believe the difference. I have no idea how I was able to ride with those things without hurting myself.

Yes you are too heavy for it. You cannot set your race sag properly if your too heavy for your springs, which you are.

Call race tech (www.racetech.com) and tell them your weight. They will send you the correct springs for your bike.

I used thier calculator for my wieght (200#) for MX and it said my stock .46 were what I needed....