Help a newb with suspension

I am too heavy for the shock suspension (195lbs). I have decided to send it out and lets the professionals do it cause they, ulike me, know what they are doing. Here is my problem, I know I will need a revalve and stiffer spring, but what else will I need? Is that it? There are so many other options that I don't even know what they are like, rebound micro adjuster housing, spring guide space se, ect....:thumbsup:

If you don't know what it is you probably won't need it

I know I won't NEED it. I just want to know if any of those things are worth it.

Probably not. Revalve and go

Thanks

I'm 208 and I'm not too heavy. At 195 you're in the target zone for the stock boingers.

Yes you are too heavy for it. You cannot set your race sag properly if your too heavy for your springs, which you are.

Call race tech (www.racetech.com) and tell them your weight. They will send you the correct springs for your bike.

Then check out this video for setting your sag.

Also read these tips to help you better understand it.

http://www.mb1suspension.com/id8.html

I have been riding with stock springs for years at 210lbs. When I got the correct spring rates I could not believe the difference. I have no idea how I was able to ride with those things without hurting myself.

Yes you are too heavy for it. You cannot set your race sag properly if your too heavy for your springs, which you are.

Call race tech (www.racetech.com) and tell them your weight. They will send you the correct springs for your bike.

I used thier calculator for my wieght (200#) for MX and it said my stock .46 were what I needed....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By jakebarritt
      I have a 2005 CRF450R with a Trail Tech fan kit installed. I need a little bit larger tank and would like to know if anyone has an aftermarket tank that fits with the fan kit.
      I dont need a monster 4 gallon, just maybe a 2.4 or 2.7 from IMS would do fine.  I talked with both the tank vendor and Trail Tech and neither could give me any answers.
      Thanks guys.
      Jake
      Minden, NV
    • By smythe
      Complete 2009 CRF 450r cylinder head with valvetrain.
    • By NickC18
      So I emailed Factory Connection today to see what spring rate I need for the rear as I’m about 6’2” 220 lbs without gear. I also asked for a baseline front fork PSI to start at. This is what I received:
      Nicholas, 
      The spring series we made for your bike is limited when it comes to larger/stiffer rates.  
      The spring rate you need is 5.9/6.0 range. We don’t sell that over the counter as it requires special installation process.  So we can’t sell the spring “over the counter”.  It would have to be installed at our shop.  
      Fork PSI I would recommend:
      Inner 160 psi
      Outer 11 psi
      Balance 160 psi

Are they blowing smoke up my ass? What kind of ‘special installation’ could a spring take? I’ve changed and removed them before but not on a 16’ CRF before.
      Also, aren’t those psi settings for the Kawasaki KYB? I don’t think the psf2 have inner/outer/balance do they? Maybe he was having a bad day...or maybe I’m an idiot. FC’s website list there spring as ALS-0059. Can I not just order this spring and install it to set my sag correctly? Help?
    • By johnsbikerepairs
      hi, i have a crf450R 2009, having difficulty setting the idle knob to factory setting.  Having problems interpreting manual Japaneses interpretation.  Can anyone out there assist with the correct factory setting and how i can manually do the setting ie how many clicks out or in etc...   would appreciate any assistance 
    • By Baja Designs
      Hello CRF450R Owners,
      Bailey here with Baja Designs.  We recognize ThumperTalk as one of the go-to sources for information on the CRF450R and we receive emails daily regarding the best inexpensive light setup or purchasing the B1K setup ran by Ox Motorsports.  We would like this thread to be a General Discussion area for members and guests to discuss Dual Sport Kits (DSK), Lights, and Lighting Acessories based upon stock and modified charging systems.  Please Post up if you have any questions or comments CRF450R related! 
      www.bajadesigns.com