99' kx250? clutch?

i got a `99 kx 250 5 days ago and it feels ike its got a plastic clutch cover almost definetely. is that normal? should i replace. also ive never ridden a 2 stroke but when i try to start goin i always stall t like when im letting clutch out and givin it gas i go for a foot i guess then stall? do just give it more gas or what? cant wait to go riding!:eek::thumbsup:

i got a `99 kx 250 5 days ago and it feels ike its got a plastic clutch cover almost definetely. is that normal? should i replace. also ive never ridden a 2 stroke but when i try to start goin i always stall t like when im letting clutch out and givin it gas i go for a foot i guess then stall? do just give it more gas or what? cant wait to go riding!:eek::thumbsup:

Yes it is supposed to be plastic. More gas or less clutch, you need to find the happy medium.

The OEM ignition cover is plastic. The clutch cover most certainly is not.

It is made out of magnesium and "feels" different than aluminium and more like plastic if you want to look at it like that.

Ed

It's magnesium?? My old husky was, but I didn't know Kawasaki's were. I thought it was aluminum.

If true, then don't anyone weld on that cover!!! I had to weld on my Husky cover and it required a special method so it wouldn't combust.

It's just the little quick clutch cover that is Mag the larger cover-water pump cover is still aluminum. Also as for taking off just give it more gas and use the clutch. IMO the 99-01 KX has too tall a first gear and as a few of you know I put the older 94-98 first gear in mine.

Ed