Sign in to follow this  

What suspension set up is a good palce to start

Raced today but I kept getting the feeling the bike was going to slip out from under me.

Both the tyres seem to be badly riped up for some reason but I was not comfortable at all.

Whats a good starting point with the suspension settings.

What is a good wear pattern on the trye surface.

Good wear should look like an orange peel in texture. If I recall correctly you should Stiffen up the compression on the forks and shock.

Stiffen the spring rates by 20% and set the sag to about 60-75mm .

Stiffen the spring rates by 20% and set the sag to about 60-75mm .

what is that sag setting intended for? all bikes runing sumo setup?? i have a drz400sm that i cant seem to find a sag setting for...

what is that sag setting intended for? all bikes runing sumo setup?? i have a drz400sm that i cant seem to find a sag setting for...

Just some numbers that have worked for me in the past for supermoto and roadracing on dirtbike based motorcycles . It's basically halfway between RR(30mm) and MX(100mm)sag settings . If you don't have the correct springs for your weight/usage no amout of fiddling with sag will get you a setting that works well . Springs are first , then set the sag and then play with clickers last . Usually most guys try to do this in reverse order and don't get what they want .

Some good comment here, thanks, I will get all the setting I have now and post them.

The tyre surface has round drops of melted rubber on the surface of the running edge, the tyre pressure cold was 22lb.

The little round bits are quite normal , the rubber gets scrubbed to the edge .

gary 357 tracey has a thread on SMJ to help you set up a bike. I would read through it first. lots of good info there. :D:thumbsup::eek:

gary 357 tracey has a thread on SMJ to help you set up a bike. I would read through it first. lots of good info there. :D:thumbsup::eek:

can you post a link?