Get rid of CRF50 for SSR125-SB-A or not...

I'm having a serious problem right now, I keep fighting myself on whether or not to sell my crf and buy a chinese bike or not. I guess the main reasoning behind my dilemma is I conned a couple buddies into buying crf's at the same time I did so i'd have some people to ride with. So i'd feel bad if I went and got rid of mine and got something "faster" because there not really into modding theres. But then again they dont ride theres as much as i do lol.

But then I go back to thinking I know there not going to really do alot of engine work to there crf anyways and I am IF I end up keeping it so the original thought of why I think that I shouldnt get a chinese bike comes into play haha.

Well anyways now that i've told you my life story lol, here's what i've got...

2006 CRF50 with BBR Bar kit, BBR exhaust, filter.

And what i'm looking at possibly getting if I end up getting rid of the CRF:

SSR125-SB-A $899

Features:

124cc JIALING Any Gear Start 4-Stroke Motor

Mikuni Carburetor

Manual 4 Speed Trans 1dwn 3up

Aluminum Frame

Aluminum Straight Swing Arm

Nitro/Oil Filled Adjustable Rear Shock

Adjustable Rebound CNC Machined Inverted Oil Filled Front Forks

Front & Rear Vented Wave Hydraulic Disc Brakes

Steel Braided Brake Lines

12" Front Alloy Wheel

10" Rear Alloy Wheel

Thick Skid Plate

Billet Handle Bar Risers

Billet Upper Triple Tree

Billet gas Cap

K&N Style Air Filter

Roller Chain Tensioner

I'd really like to pick up an 08 Pitser Pro X2, but I just dont know if I can justify spending the extra money right now.

I know if I probably posted this in the CRF section everyone would be Honda biased from alot that probably havent owned any of these chinese bikes AND a CRF50 so i'm hoping to get an unbiased opinion from you guys. I know without a doubt to get my crf up to par with any of these bikes its going to cost me and arm and a leg so thats one of my main reasons behind doing this.

Sorry for going on and on guys, just been up at arms on which route to go here lately. I gotta get away from spending more money on this right now and start worrying about my big bike since its about that time to start enjoying it again yay.

Actually, the SBA is a really decent bike. My only advice would be to buy from a good dealer. Mine has been invaluable to me. SGR-USA.com. Jeremiah is the best.

Outlawpowersports.com and TboltUSA.com are also both of good reputation. All three of them offer free delivery.

if money's tight and you want more out of your crf, i'd probably sell it and get what you want. i was going to do it, but bought my crf new and put too much money into it already so i went and bought a tb 88 kit too. if i sold my bike for 500 and used the 500 i just put into it i could of had something with more power and better suspension.

like i said i already have to much money into it so i'm going to keep it and keep putting money into it. buying it new set me back 1200 alone, now with forklegs, ishock, handlebars, pegs, 88 w/ head, seat, and whatever else i have into it, i'm probably pretty close to 2500 bucks total. resale for the bike i'd be lucky to get 800, i do really like the feel of a honda over my buddies ssr 110 and my other buddies extreme 107. i can do everything they can, climb the same hills, jumps etc, so it suites me fine.

next on my purchasing list is probably a frame and swing arm or front forks. whats another 500 bucks? its only money, i make it everyday.

Wow, 1st of all thank you very much for all of the helpful replies guys I really appreciate it.

I'd like to keep the 50 and keep it stock to play around on but I just dont have enough time to ride/keep 3 bikes going.

Oh yeah i've done lots of research on the different companies that are on here and over at planetminis as well so I dont end up getting screwed over.

I've made my decision to go with one of the 2 now, the Pitster Pro X2 or the SSR 125-SBA. I'm just wondering if I can justify the about $500 price difference between the 2. Ugghh, I hate decisions... haha

Thanks again for all of the help guys and opinions and please keep them coming...

Staggs, you've got a PM...?

You will love either bike when you come to your decision. The main difference will be in power. My bro has a 125 and recently got a X2. The 140 feels like it has a ton more power and the tranny on the X2 is smooth as butter. Can tell you much about the SSR's because i dont have one but someone should chime in sooner or later to tell you a little bit more on them.?

Deputyperk hasn't chimed in, but he has posted many times about how much he likes his. I have never heard anything bad about the Pitster either.

To be honest, I think he is full of crap and doesn't even have one, but you might try apcrf, he claims he has a x2 that he hasn't taken out of the box that he wants to sell already.

Look at the OGM SX 140. Better overall build then the SB-A, and less more and more features then the X2.

http://www.outlawpowersports.com/OGM_SX_140_SX140_140SX_140cc_Pit_Bike_p/ogmsx140.htm

And an awesome engine. In some ways I like that Lifan 140 better than my YX 150. A little more restrained and subtle, but a torque monster.

just to let u know IM NOT SELLING MY PITSTER!!! Im keeping it and besides it hasnt come in yet and today i went by a motorcycle dealership to get myself a nice mx helmet:)[/quote[/

Hooray!

Glad you're not a quitter before you even get started!

i dont care if i have to work on it which i will like new shocks, handle bars, engine, graphics etc. and im going to run at a track hopefully:ride:

What class will you run it in?

I had my 12 yr. old son run my Pitster X3R in the 85cc 2 stroke class and they ate hin up. The suspention was fine but the motor couldn't hang. (125cc)

They have a 65-100cc beginer class at our local track where pitbikes can be competetive.