Sign in to follow this  

Oil Filter: cheapest place? DR650

I was just about to change my oil but was bummed at the idea of driving all the way across town to the stealership and paying stealership prices when I could probably get a case of them delivered to my front door for a few more bucks.

Any good websites for best price on oil filters?

Also, what do you think about the "cleanable" oil filters. Anybody use them?

Thanks!

I don't remember what the dealership charged me but it was less than shipping a filter is going to cost. Maybe $3?

I don't remember what the dealership charged me but it was less than shipping a filter is going to cost. Maybe $3?

$8 at the dealer. Plus, I'd buy more than 1.

I got screwed at the dealer here and paid like 10 dollars for a filter i later saw listed in a catalog for 3.99

I got screwed at the dealer here and paid like 10 dollars for a filter i later saw listed in a catalog for 3.99

Nothing but bad news coming out of your province. Get a skid of them from ProCycle. Talked to my dealer yesterday re: Canacian pricing, turns out we have different agendas:excuseme:

Speaking of oil filters...does anybody have experience with Evenflo brand of filters? Tpi sells them in 3 packs for a reasonable price.

Speaking of oil filters...does anybody have experience with Evenflo brand of filters? Tpi sells them in 3 packs for a reasonable price.

Does'nt evenflo make baby bottles?

I use Hi-Flo in the DR650 and my Aprilia with good results and they are reasonably priced.

My closest dealer wanted $7.00 for a made in China HiFloFiltro. They don't even stock OEM Suzuki filters. And they are a Suzuki dealer. (Of course this same dealer didn't even order any of the new Bandit 1250's last year when they came out. A friend of mine bought one from another dealer who had one in stock.) I later found out their cost is no more than $1.97, and probably less as this cost was for a small volume dealer. They obviously are in business to make money, not lifelong customers. FTFF!!!! My next closest dealer has genuine OEM Suzuki filters for $4.00. Guess where I buy filters?

" I have an 2007 dr650, will these filters work?"

I have a 2006 DR650. The oil filter my Suzuki dealer sold me was Suzuki # 16510-37450, which is listed in the options for the Emgo filter on the bikebandit page. The Emgo's seem to work OK on my '06. They didn't come with O-rings, and neither did the Suzuki OEM's.

So the Emgo filters would probably work on the 2007 model too, even though the web pages says "1990-2003". I haven't heard anything about Suzuki changing filters specs.

http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/product~pf_id~3145330~section_dept_id~1155115~terrain_dept_id~1158920~cat_dept_id~1159710~product_dept_id~1159744~mfr_name~Emgo~selection_Path~4.asp

I've been getting my OEM parts from BikeBandit.com. The last OEM filters I purchased were $3.97, the o-rings were $0.97. AMA members get an additional 5% off all purchases.

Thanks all! I ended up getting some Emgo filters from BikeBandit.com at $2.23 a piece. Hopefully the 2003 filter is the same as the 2007 filter....

As long as these filters are decent, I'll be saving $5.19 per filter compared to my local dealer, although theirs are OEM suzuki, not Emgo.

Check E-Bay.

I just bought a pack of 3 filters on E-Bay for $15.00 - DELIVERY Included.

I figured I wouldnt really beat that.

Now SYNTHETIC OIL, THATS SOME EXPENSIVE SH:censored: T!!:thumbsup::eek: :