Surprised! My TRC mounted up to stock mounts on my "S"

Got my Yosh Ti TRC yesterday...Was quite surprised that when I replaced my RS-3 with my Ti TRC it bolted right up to the stock positions!

Clears the radiator...

trc.jpg

Clears the radiator hose...

trc1.jpg

Bolted upto passenger peg post (original location buddy peg eliminator used)...

trc2.jpg

Clears the shock spring...

trc5.jpg

Bolted upto original muffler bracket hole (Had to use longer mounting bolt from my RS-3 pipe though)...

trc3.jpg

huh :thumbsup:

trc4.jpg

Oh...It came with the "potato" installed (Which I removed immediately)...Happy to see my TEC kit fits (Even though I don't use it here in Africa)...

potatotec.jpg

Looks good! Nice job on the install.

man thats awesome.... mine wasnt quite as easy but i made it work with the help of the advise on the tt forum. thanks guys!

Wow, your lucky it mounted to stock mounts.

Looks really good!

Just cant wait to get mine through the post in the next few weeks! :thumbsup:

I have to wonder, is the mid pipe fully inserted into the header and tail pipe? If so, you have the only system in the world that mounts to a S/SM in the stock location.

I have to wonder, is the mid pipe fully inserted into the header and tail pipe? If so, you have the only system in the world that mounts to a S/SM in the stock location.

Unless it's a PhotoChop!

How much clearance do you have between the left rad and the header?

Mine was so close I had to move the radiator up.

Oh yeah...It's close as the picture shows...But no closer than my RS-3 was...It doesn't touch the rad.

How much clearance do you have between the left rad and the header?

Mine was so close I had to move the radiator up.

He he... What in the world would I have to benefit from that :thumbsup: Nope I'm surprised as anyone (Hench my post). I tried to get it installed first using the "alternative" mounting points...It didn't like those...However it went with little struggle once I tried the regular mounting points. As far as the mid pipe being inserted the whole way...It's inserted as far as I could wiggle it (And tap it slightly together more at the end with a rubber mallet)...I've taken the bike out twice now riding...

I did forget to mention one other thing...I did reverse the buddy peg eliminator bracket to move the pipe outward a small amount to clear the shock spring. After doing that I didn't need to shim the rear frame to clear the shock spring as some have done...

My pipe was a return I got new for $545 because someone had returned it cause it had a scratch (I looked all over it when I got it and found nothing you could even call a scratch (Had to be an SM guy...THANKS)...

Unless it's a PhotoChop!

it mounted,but its not right.

it needs to be done like ive posted.

you also have the flange at the head on backward.the springs should not be stretched the far.

drz475tt028.jpg

I'll swap it next time I have the pipe off...Probably will have to buy new springs...Gonna leave it for now...