Sign in to follow this  

help with gearbox setup

guys I split the casing on the 94` KX 125 last night and the gear selector drum dropped out of position. I dont want have a half arsed guess at how it goes together and dont have a manual,

can anyone tell me where the fork pins locate into the selector drum correctly? or even a pic?

cheers all:worthy:

guys I split the casing on the 94` KX 125 last night and the gear selector drum dropped out of position. I dont want have a half arsed guess at how it goes together and dont have a manual,

can anyone tell me where the fork pins locate into the selector drum correctly? or even a pic?

On most bike engines you have 2 forks on one shaft and one on the other.

The single fork goes in the centre channel on the drum.

Buy a manual.

After you get the transmission and shift forks installed in the left crankcase, rotate the shafts, and rotate the drum, and watch and feel how it shifts. There should not be any ratcheting, or locking up, or binding.

Do this before and after case assembly.

maico450 is right put theae things into the case and watch them move(work) before assy. On the the KX I think you should put everythingin the right case. Also IF your shift drum only has two grooves I think the lone fork goes into the one closest to the ignition side.

You very much NEED a manual. Good luck.

Ed

Holy crap. I just made a post about this same exact thing. I can help with the shift drum. I wish someone had told me i needed to put everything in the right-side case. Maybe that's where i went wrong.

Providing the clusters are in place. Put the shift forks on the shaft. Dont put the pins in yet. You need to spin the shift drum to get the single side fork in. Then you spin the shift drum, Line up the highest groove where it stops(ends) right where the top fork on the double side is.

Thanks guys,

Got a manual from ebay so it shpuld be here next week, I will wait until then.

But thanks for all the advice I knew you guys would come good, appreciate it:ride:

any pics of what you did... i have to go through it... when you put the top on in at the " end " does the bottom one go in that possition as well?