Sign in to follow this  

Graphics question

I am trying to find a graphics kit for my 06 250X and can't find a whole lot put there. Here is the question: Will the kit for the crf 250 r fit the x? Other then the rear fender being different are there any other problems? I am changing the light out to a number plate can you use just an aftermarket number plate? Thanks for your help

Hogzilla

The number plate on the air box side will need to be cut to open and the rear finder will also need some cutting, but it should fit if you are willing to modify. You can use an after market number plate for the headlight but they all look funky or cheap IMO.

Thanks for the reply. If I bought a new rear fender then the only modification would be the air box. Is the seat the same lenght? I found a cool graphic kit with a seat cover and I know this is a dumb question but I have to ask about the seat. The rear fender is only $30 so I could replace it and not have to trim around the tail light. Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the reply. If I bought a new rear fender then the only modification would be the air box. Is the seat the same lenght? I found a cool graphic kit with a seat cover and I know this is a dumb question but I have to ask about the seat. The rear fender is only $30 so I could replace it and not have to trim around the tail light. Thanks for your help!

Make sure you purchase a fenderw/o taillight that is specifically for an X. The X and R rear fender are not the same.

I was in the same situation not to long ago, and decided not to do the backgrounds or the rear fender decal. However, I did buy a sticker sheet and put a ton of stickers on my back fender to make up for it. I will probably do backgrounds in the future, but for now I think it looks good. Check it out, this might give you some ideas.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=608569&highlight=pics+of+my+bike

the 04 05 or 06 x can use the 05 r fender in the rear thats what i did. Check out my 250x with full r kit. If you wanna know more just pm me

DSCN0845.jpg

DSCN0847.jpg

the 04 05 or 06 x can use the 05 r fender in the rear thats what i did. Check out my 250x with full r kit. If you wanna know more just pm me

DSCN0845.jpg

DSCN0847.jpg

I stand corrected, I thought the X sub-frame was diff due to the airbox!

do they have a x rear fender without the tail light? if they do were can i find it?

replied to your pm about the rear fender:prof:

Okay, just checked UFO's site... fender part numbers for 06 are as follows

crf250r - ho04607

crf250x with light ho04646

crf250x w/o light ho03648

not sure if the r's fender would be interchangeable or not anymore...without modifying it. I would put money on it that if they were exactly the same UFO would not spend capital to produce and stock two separate ones.IMO:ride:

Okay, just checked UFO's site... fender part numbers for 06 are as follows

crf250r - ho04607

crf250x with light ho04646

crf250x w/o light ho03648

not sure if the r's fender would be interchangeable or not anymore...without modifying it. I would put money on it that if they were exactly the same UFO would not spend capital to produce and stock two separate ones.IMO:ride:

06 rear R fender is not the same as the 05 x. The R got the dual exhaust that year i believe. Anyways the 05 r fender should fit the 04 05 06 x because the X didnt change until 07. im 99% sure but you never know.:thumbsup::eek:

Thats why i have been saying you must use the 05

ufo lists the 05 r fender as a 4636 which will fit the 05 x. you checked the wrong year.

Second and most important. The x fenders have small plastic tabs which hold the relays and also has a little more room for the overflow which is why its a different part #. Bolt holes and shape is the same. The relays are so squished in there that you dont need the tabs because the relays wont move at all. i used a razor blade to shave a centimeter off where the overflow goes and you cant even see it at all.

viola no more wondering about that:prof:

Will 2006 250r graphics fit my 2006 250x if I have the 2005 250r rear fender or should I get the 2005 250r graphics kit?

Have you checked out Decal Works? They have a good selection of graphics and plastics. They also have a very cool visualizer application so you can see what the different kits look like on your bike before you buy.