wr 450 is 700 miles alot

I am looking at a wr450 05 do you think 700 miles is alot on the motor the bike is real clean but seems to handle sluggish in the motor and handleing department and seem to be alot of motor noise but 4stokes do that and I may just being picky it has slip on exhuast and the smog was taken offf he said .thank you for any input

I am looking at a wr450 05 do you think 700 miles is alot on the motor the bike is real clean but seems to handle sluggish in the motor and handleing department and seem to be alot of motor noise but 4stokes do that and I may just being picky it has slip on exhuast and the smog was taken offf he said .thank you for any input

No. Like Jeff said, that's just a couple of months of riding. Check the filter box to see if it has been maintained (cleaned out). Check the oil. They do make a bit of noise.

The ODO could have rolled over a bunch of times man....check on the stuff that these guys recommend you checking. I have found that the clutch makes a boatload of noise...as does the carburetor. I do have an 05 and its noisy. Other than that I have no complaints.

Depending upon the modifications, just look at the frame where boots rub against it. If paint is intact, then the bike is new. This is only if it does not have frame guards of course...?

Yep, best advice yet:thumbsup: You can tell if the odometer has "rolled over" the bike will show the signs of wear as above.....

Even if it's rolled over, 1700 miles, or even 2700 miles isn't a lot for these bikes. I went thru my 426 at about 7500 miles because the primary drive nut backed off and the splines on the crank wore so bad that the bike started really rattling and vibrating. One valve was starting to yulip, but the rest of the motor was in remarkably good shape.