Sign in to follow this  

Is this the exact amount?

My bike got 750ml wrote on the side of the motor for the oil in the bottom end so do I put 750ml exactly in the bike? Or is there some way to know for sure? I have no owners manual.

assuming its for a recent year rm250, its 750 ml for oil in the tranny, not the bottom end. and yes its correct.

not sure what bike youre referring to......

My bike got 750ml wrote on the side of the motor for the oil in the bottom end so do I put 750ml exactly in the bike? Or is there some way to know for sure? I have no owners manual.

Yes, that's it. Just drain the trans and refill it with that much oil. And your done. There is a plug in the engine that over flows when youv'e hit the correct level, but your going to need a manual to find it.

So while your at the dealership picking up oil, order a manual. They really are a lot better than the ones that came with the bike 20 plus years ago. And they accurately talk about more than oil changes. :thumbsup:

its a 99 RM 125.

That's even better, your dealer should be able to order one for a bike that's that new.

Should be a set screw on the clutch side case cover (right side), it'll stick out usually because it gets more use than the other bolts, and it'll have a small washer, should be a 10mm, but can't say for sure. It'll be halfway up the case cover, use your logic to figure out where it would likely be.

a owners manual is like over 200 bucks at the dealer man, so i guess that idea is out.

$200!!! :thumbsup:

Last year I bought one for my '02 RM-250 and the dealership only charged me $35.

Check out eBay, I see the Clymers in there all the time for about $25 plus shipping.

Do some digging around and you might find floating around on-line (in a downloadable form).

And yes again for 750ml (.75L) and think it's 100ml more for a clutch change or bottom end rebuild.