Sign in to follow this  

"2005" yz250f STOCK jetting? help please!

My manual is for a 01-05 yz 250f, but I beleive the "05" has different stock jetting than the other years. Could anyone verify or please tell me what the stock jet numbers are? Thanks in advance

main:

pilot:

needle:

clip:

leak:

Hey. I just visually verified all of this on my 2005 YZ250F. Here are the stock parts and settings:

Main 182

Pilot #42

Needle OBELR (Clip is in the 4th position of 7)

Leak Jet #90

"Some other jet" #72

I found that the manual I have (5XC-28199-11) has the pilot jet mixed up with "some other jet" in the diagram. The pilot is at 6 O'Clock and the other jet (unknown name) is at about 2 O'Clock in the manual when you are looking at the carb from the bottom. The manual calls the jet at 2 O'Clock the pilot but the pilot is actually the one at 6 O'Clock. The pilot is #42 and the other one has a #72 stamped on it. I'm not sure what the other jet is for but it is apparently not very important as no one else has written anything about it anywhere I have researched.

the other one has a #72 stamped on it. I'm not sure what the other jet is for but it is apparently not very important as no one else has written anything about it anywhere I have researched.

That is the starter jet which controls the amount of fuel delivered when the cold start plunger is pulled out.