Leaning over bars while standing?

Im an C-B class rider,I am 6'3,200lbs and 16 I stand up alot which is a good thing,I feel pretty comfortable while standing but I saw a vid of me and I look down right goofy,like shreck on a dirtbike ?.my whole body waist up is about over the bars.Any tips to prevent this? or is that my style:thumbsdn:

Why would you want to correct that??? You should be out over the bars, unless you are trying to make the front wheel light thru whoops or something like that. When you are on the gas, you should be able to look down and see your front number plate.....

Yeah thats true,but I look goofy doing so.

The only reason you look goofy (and I say this cause you said it, not cause it's true) is because you are 6'3". Keep doing this, tho. Someday maybe you'll have some cool nickname because of your style. In the meantime, you are doing it right, so I wouldn't change a thing......?

you can be too far forward though. it could be your bars(bend and position). im also 6'3 and i need my bars far forward to keep a good body position.

while you should be able to see your number plate, thats just your head and shoulders, not your hips. if you have your bike on a stand you should be able to let go with your hands and not fall over. you want to rely one your legs for balance and your upper body for control.

you have any pictures to post so we can see?

when standing your head should be roughly above your bars, your butt will probably be close to the rear of your seat(because of your height). your legs/knees should not be straight or locked, they need to be bent. you want your weight low and have the ablity to shift it forward or back when needed.

here is a vid i found after a little search.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1023822/motocross_riding_tips/

Im an C-B class rider,I am 6'3,200lbs and 16 I stand up alot which is a good thing,I feel pretty comfortable while standing but I saw a vid of me and I look down right goofy,like shreck on a dirtbike :eek:.my whole body waist up is about over the bars.Any tips to prevent this? or is that my style:thumbsdn:

I bet if Shrek was riding mx, his shock would be like a slinky....? Anyway, Don't change a thing, your doing it exactly how you should!

I'm almost 6'4" and have seen my pictures and they all look goofy. I think, how can I look like RC or somebody like that, but then I remember I can reach that little cabinet above the refrigerator:p I bought the tallest bars I could find, (renthal 922) and then got a tall riser for my top clamp which makes me feel 100% more comfortable on the bike. I can stand up and lean forward and not have to crouch over the bike. That was what made me feel uncomfortable was bending over to grab the handlebars all the time. Plus it was killer on my back. If you don't feel right, maybe experiment with taller bars etc. You still need to keep that forward position, it's just more comfortable for us tall guys!

• 4 months later...