TT newbie

Hello All!

This is a very informative site. I bought an '06 Dr650 in November and I love it. Electric riding gear has kept me on it during this winter. I want to thank all of you for the input that I have read to make my bike run better.

Also just bought a 86 Honda XR250L for my wife to ride. 4 valves and dual carbs, thats more tech. than my Harley had.

My first DR question: Has anyone tried the Jetson exhaust. I commute to work alot and would like my bike to be a bit louder and more noticeable. I had a couple of close calls recently. I'm not a fan of big noise, but I sure would not mind the extra power. Also: DR sometimes jumps out of second gear when doing wheelies, hopefully thats just operater error. DR only has 2,100 miles on it.

Thanks again

Brian

Welcome to TT

Thanks Gene

Thanks for the info on the Jetson, I guess you get what you pay for.

Welcome. A lot of the guys like the FMF Q2 a very good exhaust system. I like the Staintune. It comes with a larger head pipe and a removable baffle so it can sound mellow or louder for more performance and looks great too but is a bit expensive. Expect to pay around $300 to over $600 for a good system. Also do the 3x3 airbox mod and a Dynojet kit. If you really want performance get a FCR39 or 41 carb. There are a couple of long threads dealing with this here.

I'm not sure but I don't think the Staintune is approved for off road use here.

I have the bike running well with minor carb mods and stock exhaust. I'm getting 50mpg. I'd like a bit more grunt, but I don't want this thing to be a money pit. What are the opinions on going to the 14 tooth front sprocket.

Easier wheelies, more fun?

What are the opinions on going to the 14 tooth front sprocket.

Easier wheelies, more fun?

Yep, and you can still blaze down the expressway at 70 or 80! :thumbsup:

Do the airbox mod, and go with an FMF pipe. I went with Two Bros, and have had tuning and noise problems. I bought a sound dampener and I have to tune the carb with a different jet for it to work properly. CRAZY!:thumbsup:

I like wheelies!! Can't justify the exhaust expense, but the 14 tooth sprocket I can.

My plug is burning white with a mikuni 155 main. I'm gonna stick a mikuni 160 in tonight. Maybe that will help also. Just hope I don't mess with the driveability, its pretty good right now.

Thanks for the info guys