Sign in to follow this  

Largest thing you've hauled on your DR-Z?

With gas prices being a factor now, what's the largest item that you've hauled on your bike?

Anyone have tried hauling golf clubs or hockey gear, stick(s) included?

BTW, I gassed up yesterday before heading home. $3.55/gal at my local Chevron station. :thumbsup:

With gas prices being a factor now, what's the largest item that you've hauled on your bike?

Anyone have tried hauling golf clubs or hockey gear, stick(s) included?

BTW, I gas up yesterday before heading home. $3.55/gal at my local Chevron station. :thumbsup:

Thats nothing for gas, I wish we got prices that good!!

$7.96 a gallon at my local station :eek::D

As for th biggest thing i've hauled, does my fat ass count??

prices in my area are $1.16 a litre right now. 3.55 a gallon is cheap as far as im concerned.

When I was contemplating getting the Cycleracks rack, I found another TT'er who had the rack. I asked him how beefy it was, and he said he used to put his son's PW50 on the rack, his son behind him, and haul them to a place where they could ride! Here's my post on the rack:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6036433#post6036433

Our goverment may over tax fuel, but at least they don't cheat us on the size of a gallon :lol:

Neil. :thumbsup::D:ride:

Haha thats true! :eek:

Does this count?

DSC04008.jpg

Close enough.

That's looks about the size of my hockey gear bag. Now, I just gotta figger out how mount my hockey sticks along the side. :thumbsup:

A case of beer in a backpack:applause:

Felt good on a hot summer day!

My SM is almost always hauling something in the plastic crate on top of the stock Suzuki rack. Mostly tools and materials for work, and 50 pound sacks of chicken feed.

I use the bike to do all of our grocery shopping to save money on gas... well... that's only partially true... I do it for the fun. :thumbsup:

Greg

A 5 gallon Jazz can plumb full when one of my dumbass buddies forgot to top his tank off before venturing into the woods.

Everything from 5 gallon gas cans, to two "paper boxes". Or my favourite was the cross bars for the wifes roof rack (cross wise of course:thumbsup: ).

Takes awhile to get used to the "mini" gallon. All my vehicles mileage went to the crapper when I moved south.

Mid last summer I was in between clubs and borrowed a set (no bag) from a collegue. I stuffed them head down in my backpack along side my laptop and struggled home. The weight was ok because my pack is long enough that it sits atop my tailbag. The problem was the shafts started flailing around behind my head when they caught the wind. I stopped at a gas station and bummed a couple of rubber bands and tied all of the shaftes together and tiptoed home.

I also used to fumble around with a small gas can on my rear rack. Fixed that with a proper tank on my new bike.

I'm working on the wife to come with the kids and I on the trail this summer. I don't know whether she will go for it but at least she knows how to hang on.

drcool

This is the largest thing I ever hauled.....champagne anyone. talent.jpg