Sign in to follow this  

Supercross i dont get how the points work now? spoiler

ok so since K dub won the daytona race he got 25 points. chad reed just lapped up to 6th and then his bike let go so why does he get to have a six place finish instead of a DNF.. in my eyes he did not cross the finishl ine and he DNF that race so why does he still get points :thumbsup:

o by no means am i a reed hater im just a little confused on how this works out...

Let's see if I can explain this- Reed completed 11 and 3/4 laps of a 12 lap race. Windham and the rest of the top 5 completed all 12 laps. Reed had lapped 6th place prior to his bike blowing up. So when Heath Voss (7th place) crossed the finish line and got the checkered flag, he still had only completed 11 laps of a 12 lap race. So even though he had crossed the finish line, he was still behind Reed. If that had happened a lap or two earlier, it would have been way more disastrous to Reed as far as points are concerned. So even though he had bad luck with his bike, it was lucky for him it happened when it did.....

Let's see if I can explain this- Reed completed 11 and 3/4 laps of a 12 lap race. Windham and the rest of the top 5 completed all 12 laps. Reed had lapped 6th place prior to his bike blowing up. So when Heath Voss (7th place) crossed the finish line and got the checkered flag, he still had only completed 11 laps of a 12 lap race. So even though he had crossed the finish line, he was still behind Reed. If that had happened a lap or two earlier, it would have been way more disastrous to Reed as far as points are concerned. So even though he had bad luck with his bike, it was lucky for him it happened when it did.....

That makes sense to me but my question is, Did he pushed his bike to the finish line like many others have done or did he just gave up there? Im a little confused too. I haven't seen the race yet. Thanks.

That makes sense to me but my question is, Did he pushed his bike to the finish line like many others have done or did he just gave up there? Im a little confused too. I haven't seen the race yet. Thanks.

He left his bike on the track and walked off. There is no way he could have pushed his bike to, and over the finish line........

He left his bike on the track and walked off. There is no way he could have pushed his bike to, and over the finish line........

would have been quite a sight if he would have. I would have a whole new respect for him. o well what does my respect matter anyway

Well rules are rules I guess. I was just thinking that if he would've pushed the bike over the finish line, It would be more than fare that he got that 6th place but not finishing and getting 6th? I don't think is fair for the rest of the riders. Yes he rode a hell of a race and he is the fastest rider out there but he didn't finish.

would have been quite a sight if he would have. I would have a whole new respect for him. o well what does my respect matter anyway

At least an attept would've change my perception of him but flipping his mechanic(haven't seen it:thinking: , just the word on the street:excuseme: ) just re-enforce my position.

Well rules are rules I guess. I was just thinking that if he would've pushed the bike over the finish line, It would be more than fare that he got that 6th place but not finishing and getting 6th? I don't think is fair for the rest of the riders. Yes he rode a hell of a race and he is the fastest rider out there but he didn't finish.

he did still finish 11 laps in first place so that puts him in front of all the othwer riders who finished 11 laps or less. by your assertion only 5 riders finished the race, how would you feel if you raced a whole race and were scored as a dnf because the top 5 riders were so fast you got lapped?

Bryce

the reason he finished where he did was because when KDUB finished the 12th lap the race is over, for reed to have finished lower than sixth they would have to change the rules where every rider has to complete all the laps unless you dnf. that would mean you could have a handful of riders to continue to race long after the winner had finished. :thumbsup:

the reason he finished where he did was because when KDUB finished the 12th lap the race is over, for reed to have finished lower than sixth they would have to change the rules where every rider has to complete all the laps unless you dnf. that would mean you could have a handful of riders to continue to race long after the winner had finished. :thumbsup:

So how many positions back, due they grant this finish position too? By your logic, whenever the leader crosses the finish line, the race is over!? Why do guys in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc., always battle until they cross the line, and complete the laps? Maybe there are rules about how long or how many postions back you can finish, but to me, if you didn't complete the race, you didn't complete the race.

Maybe I didnt say it right, when the leader finishes the final lap everyone completes that lap and thats it. If your a lap or two down you dont keep running laps until you complete all 12 in this case.

Actually, Reed was just behind Marsack (3rd place) and had just passed Balbi when his bike seized, but everyone that Windham had not lapped (up to 6th place) ended up ahead of Reed in the results.

Actually, Reed was just behind Marsack (3rd place) and had just passed Balbi when his bike seized, but everyone that Windham had not lapped (up to 6th place) ended up ahead of Reed in the results.

That makes sense. So only 5 riders had time to complete all 12 laps, and Reed was ahead of all the rest by default.

Once the winner crosses no more full laps are raced. All the rest of the racers finish the laps they are on. They are still racing for positions until they cross the finish line. Reed was the first one to finish the 11th lap. Just the top five finished the 12 lap. So Reed was put in 6th because out of the riders that just finished 11 laps he was first. But now with the penalty he is 7th.

ok well i guess thats just how it works then, i kindof wish he dident get any points just so its a real close points race to the end..