Sign in to follow this  

yoshimura RS3 full system - just replace muffler?

i bought a used yoshimura RS3 full system for $100. couple hundred miles on it. first owner raced with it, second owner thought it was too loud.

here's why:

n33002286_34326171_3731.jpg

pipe1.jpg

pipe2.jpg

can is cut down quite a bit. installed it on mine (JD jet kit, 3x3 also) and yea, its VERY loud. sounds like my SV650 with no pipe at all!

my roomate had a silencer plug from his leo vince slipon he was throwing away, so i took that and modified it to fit. its still VERY VERY loud.

so either way, i got the headpipe for $100, which isnt bad. my question is, do i just order an RS3 slipon and will it go on? or do i need to contact yoshimura directly to get just this muffler?

shame though cause it looks so good tucked behind the number plate like that...

thanks!

Slip on wont work with headpipe.

Contact yoshimura direct and have them send you a new sleeve and rebuild it your self.

Slip on wont work with headpipe.

Contact yoshimura direct and have them send you a new sleeve and rebuild it your self.

so i just reuse the front and rear end caps? any idea how much that will run?

just how loud is that thing :D:thumbsup:

VERY, i made this face when i cranked it the first time :eek:

the idle sounds amazing, very deep and rumbly. but when you give it gas it sounds like automatic gunfire :ride:

We demand video. That looks awesome.

BTW: I have normal RS-3 full in my DR-Z. Now I have to change the stock back for a while. What should I do when I just can't remove the mufler part from the head?

ok i thought i had an rs3 system, but my muffler is twice as long as that one. why is that?

Yours is standard as opposed to a chopped/hacked model.

The trouble with most Yosh can`s are that the core is part of...welded to...the

inlet cap (front one) ...So to replace it you need the inlet cap...core, and the original length outer cover. Id say around @300 from Yosh since they are full retail. I would look at fleabay for a outer cover...and perhaps just buy a perforated tube (core) and tack it to the short core......Should be doable for under $100......:doh::snore:

Erling

I did the same thing with a biggun I got off ebay... Man it's loud... I know your pain! - I just ordered a full MRD system, see what that is like in comparison...

I did the same thing with a biggun I got off ebay... Man it's loud... I know your pain! - I just ordered a full MRD system, see what that is like in comparison...

From what everyone says on here , the MRD is very loud . But it has the advantage of being the best pipe to deliver , when you are looking for horsepower , greg