Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone had luck with MSR Radiator Guards?

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2007/default.asp?p=296

I know Flatlander guards are the ticket, but I am on a tight budget. These are about $35 and in my opinion, MSR stuff is really good stuff.

Also, ebay still has the Rooster guards, but on for a CRF250R. Any idea what retrofitting would be needed to make these fit an X?

Thank you!

The MSR guards do not offer side support / bracing. I wouldn't bother.

I really like the Rooster guards - They do not have the extra 'crush-zone' space around the rad like Flatlands, but are cosmetically far superior, IMHO - I'd by them in a second if I didn't already have the Flatlands. R and X rads are identical - buy the Roosters and make it quick.

JayC

The MSR guards do not offer side support / bracing. I wouldn't bother.

I really like the Rooster guards - They do not have the extra 'crush-zone' space around the rad like Flatlands, but are cosmetically far superior, IMHO - I'd by them in a second if I didn't already have the Flatlands. R and X rads are identical - buy the Roosters and make it quick.

JayC

Nah, the Rooster guards for the R do not fit the X. Says so right in the listing.

BP

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2007/default.asp?p=296

I know Flatlander guards are the ticket, but I am on a tight budget. These are about $35 and in my opinion, MSR stuff is really good stuff.

Also, ebay still has the Rooster guards, but on for a CRF250R. Any idea what retrofitting would be needed to make these fit an X?

Thank you!

Rooster guards for the R do not work. My buddy put an X right rad on his R, and he couldn't use either set of guards. He's a little bummed. :thumbsup:

Rooster guards for the R do not work. My buddy put an X right rad on his R, and he couldn't use either set of guards. He's a little bummed. :thumbsup:

250R and 250X uses different radiators? Sorry, my mistake - I thought they used the same ones.

JayC

250R and 250X uses different radiators? Sorry, my mistake - I thought they used the same ones.

JayC

My buddy works in the parts dept at the Honda dealer, and he thought they used the same rads too. Honda likes to share parts to keep costs down, so it makes sense. Not sure why they chose not to on these bikes.