how do you start your 150?

I did the 45 pilot jet mod and the bogging is pretty much gone.

However I struggle to start it cold . I tried the choke , pumping the gas and keeping a bit of throttle in when I kick. What trick do you use ??

Hot start seems easy enough.

The bike is not used yet so is not run in yet.

With my mods it has a bunch of power and performance but it's a pain in the butt to start when it's cold. I just make sure I got my gas on, choke on, and then I crack the throttle the moment I kick it(takes a few kicks, only starts in one kick once it's warm). Then I usually let it sit and idle for a few minutes and burp the throttle a few times and then it's nice and warm and ready to ride.

Just a guess but im assuming it's hot in South Africa? Maybe the jetting is a little rich for that climate. If you try starting it with the hot start and it starts easy then you are too rich! Good luck on the (MODS). LOL

Just a guess but im assuming it's hot in South Africa? Maybe the jetting is a little rich for that climate. If you try starting it with the hot start and it starts easy then you are too rich! Good luck on the (MODS). LOL

What exactly does the hot start do? does it lean the bike out ? Not too hot here. Probably about 70-80F at miday and 60F in the mornings. Winter is a little cooler ,about 20F less.

I kinda got it to start easier but still not as good as my 450R. Will try the hot start .

What exactly does the hot start do? does it lean the bike out ? Not too hot here. Probably about 70-80F at midday and 60F in the mornings. Winter is a little cooler ,about 20F less.

I kinda got it to start easier but still not as good as my 450R. Will try the hot start .

The Hot Start leans out the mix the opposite of the choke. If you need to use the Hot Start when the bike is cold your pilot is too big. 70 to 80 midday is fairly warm you may be too rich. Read this link it will help you understand jetting better.

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=133064

Good luck.

Tonight I tried something:

Fuel on,

choke on,

3 quick twists of the throttle,

Set at 1/4 throttle

One kick..............

Started pefectly and stayed idling. It has NEVER started on one kick.

So it may be a tad rich, but bog is gone and starts perfectly the way above.

Should i stick with the 45 pilot ?

Tonight I tried something:

Fuel on,

choke on,

3 quick twists of the throttle,

Set at 1/4 throttle

One kick..............

Started pefectly and stayed idling. It has NEVER started on one kick.

So it may be a tad rich, but bog is gone and starts perfectly the way above.

Should i stick with the 45 pilot ?

That is how we start ours and the same result. Stick with it for awhile if it gets too hot temp wise, you may want to kick that pilot down to a 42.

I did the 45 pilot jet mod and the bogging is pretty much gone.

However I struggle to start it cold . I tried the choke , pumping the gas and keeping a bit of throttle in when I kick. What trick do you use ??

Hot start seems easy enough.

The bike is not used yet so is not run in yet.

i tried to ride when it was 25 deg. out and it took 10-15 min to fire up, the next day it was 40 out and it fired up 1st kick...