carbonfibre skidplates

I have ordered a e-line skid plate. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this company as far as fit and quality of there products. thnx

They are best of the best. I run one on my YZ250f and it's top notch.

How thick and tough are those? With what I have done to my aluminum Flatland skidplate, I would think I would pulverize a carbon fiber one.

How thick and tough are those? With what I have done to my aluminum Flatland skidplate, I would think I would pulverize a carbon fiber one.

Agreed

Bought one from carbon fiber works for my X and the mounting holes were off, I could only use 3 out of for bolts. Needless to say it eventually fell off. Their customer service is also just as worthless. Stay with a proven product.:thumbsup:

I had an E-line on my 03 R. It was VERY tough and fit great. Bashed it repeatedly without problems. Best thing about CF is it won't bend like metal and crush your water pump or oil filter housing.

I run an eline pipe guard on my cr250 and have to say it's worth every penny. It fits well and is tough as hell. I will be ordering a skid plate from them soon.

I've seen the e-line on an X in action sliding across fallen trees and such and have to say it's an awesome plate....for the woods. I don't know how it would do in the desert if you case it on a boulder. My engineering logic tells me it would work but may only work once if it cracks.

its the best and is lso made of kevlar. which is a product in bullit proof vests......

If you go with Carbon Fiber on a skidplate it is very important to check it frequently for cracks. While they will stand up to some abuse, a real good whack will cause major stress cracks, and the next hit could go right through it. I have seen this happen.

Bought one from carbon fiber works for my X and the mounting holes were off, I could only use 3 out of for bolts. Needless to say it eventually fell off. Their customer service is also just as worthless. Stay with a proven product.:thumbsup:

Their stuff is CRAP! I bought a pipe guard and the mounting holes are off. I'm waiting for it to break off so I can get an Eline.

I bought a set of their frame guards and they weren't even close to fitting.

Stick with Eline or go with aluminum.

You'll NEVER get an aluminum skid plate to fit as nice as a CF Eline though.

1-24-07001.jpg

1-24-07002.jpg

1-24-07003.jpg

I race District 37 here in SoCal. The courses are the rockiest if the rocky!! I hava an e-line carbon slid plate and I have not had any problems yet. It does show signs of wear, but is still holding up pretty good.

I race District 37 here in SoCal. The courses are the rockiest if the rocky!! I hava an e-line carbon slid plate and I have not had any problems yet. It does show signs of wear, but is still holding up pretty good.

is it starting to fray:confused:

I had one on my pipe , it took one spill for it to fray and break. i took it off. piece of crap!

E-Line here also.

Holds up pretty well with big rock hits.

When it gets too shredded- some good fiberglass ding repair will do the trick.

You can mix the resin with black paint or die to match if need be.