carbonfibre skidplates

I've seen the e-line on an X in action sliding across fallen trees and such and have to say it's an awesome plate....for the woods. I don't know how it would do in the desert if you case it on a boulder. My engineering logic tells me it would work but may only work once if it cracks.

If you go with Carbon Fiber on a skidplate it is very important to check it frequently for cracks. While they will stand up to some abuse, a real good whack will cause major stress cracks, and the next hit could go right through it. I have seen this happen.

Bought one from carbon fiber works for my X and the mounting holes were off, I could only use 3 out of for bolts. Needless to say it eventually fell off. Their customer service is also just as worthless. Stay with a proven product.?

Their stuff is CRAP! I bought a pipe guard and the mounting holes are off. I'm waiting for it to break off so I can get an Eline.

I bought a set of their frame guards and they weren't even close to fitting.

Stick with Eline or go with aluminum.

You'll NEVER get an aluminum skid plate to fit as nice as a CF Eline though.

1-24-07001.jpg

1-24-07002.jpg

1-24-07003.jpg

I race District 37 here in SoCal. The courses are the rockiest if the rocky!! I hava an e-line carbon slid plate and I have not had any problems yet. It does show signs of wear, but is still holding up pretty good.

I race District 37 here in SoCal. The courses are the rockiest if the rocky!! I hava an e-line carbon slid plate and I have not had any problems yet. It does show signs of wear, but is still holding up pretty good.

is it starting to fray:confused:

E-Line here also.

Holds up pretty well with big rock hits.

When it gets too shredded- some good fiberglass ding repair will do the trick.

You can mix the resin with black paint or die to match if need be.