Polishing the frame, just got done! Before and after Pics

Just got done polishing my frame, exhuast, kick starter, brake, and little on the swing arm! Not to shaby, could of kept polishin little more, but arms tired..haha...I used mothers mag and aluminum polish with a couple old cloth rags..

Before:

100_2423.jpg

After:

100_2437.jpg

100_2438.jpg

100_2439.jpg

100_2440.jpg

next time you go to polish it try out the NEVER DULL made by eagle one , i used to use mothers , but as im sure you no thats a messy rag consuming ordeal! im sold on the never dull it makes getting all the little places like spokes and the little nooks and crannys LOL much easier with the applicater just tear off a piece wipe with it a bit the trash it!

When polishing did you find that you were blackening rags really quickly? BTW, it looks really good. Kudos :thumbsup::eek:

Nice job!!:thumbsup::eek:

I think to finish the look, you should throw on some Lightspeed Carbon fiber frame guards (to cover the non-polished part of the frame). This would integrate very well with the polished portions and your black plastic.

Just my opinion. Looks great though.

Nice bike man! I love the backgrounds and little red accents on the levers and gas cap stem

that pipe came out looking reallllll nice :thumbsup:

Hi everyone:

Helluva job!

Anywho, how you you get old sticker goo off the swingarm and frame before you polish it?

Thanks.

Hi everyone:

Helluva job!

Anywho, how you you get old sticker goo off the swingarm and frame before you polish it?

Thanks.

Acetone on a rag will wipe it right off.

Hey, what did you use on the clutch cover? Is it paint or powder coat?

I really like the black covers...

Polish your header pipe and then wipe it down with WD-40 it will look great once you get the heat to it.

Acetone on a rag will wipe it right off.

Hey, what did you use on the clutch cover? Is it paint or powder coat?

I really like the black covers...

It came factory with the black covers becuase of special edition black!

Yeh i went threw quite few rags, i have never dull too, but didnt shine as much as when i used the mothers.........I used goo gone to get sticky stuff off on warning stickers on fenders and swingarm....

Just got done polishing my frame, exhuast, kick starter, brake, and little on the swing arm! Not to shaby, could of kept polishin little more, but arms tired..haha...I used mothers mag and aluminum polish with a couple old cloth rags..

Before:

Say, do black rims pit and look more dirty than standard color rims or do you need to keep cleaning them?

cant tell the difference... lol j/k it looks GREAT! glad to see you take good care of it!

Nice work

Nice work !

Is there a clear coat or anything like that on the frame beforehand?

I had a CBR900 that I looked at polishing but the frame was coated in something that had to be stripped off first - so I just left it....

Cheers :thumbsup:

yes there was a clear protective coating..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By GarrettSG
      I need recommendations on Honda dealers with good Mechanics in Western Washington. I am in Puyallup but will drive for peace of mind. I have never had a dealer do major work on any of my dirt bikes. But long story short I am on a 15 CRF450R and it needs the 5th gear recall done. Any and all info is much appreciated! 
    • By jakebarritt
      I have a 2005 CRF450R with a Trail Tech fan kit installed. I need a little bit larger tank and would like to know if anyone has an aftermarket tank that fits with the fan kit.
      I dont need a monster 4 gallon, just maybe a 2.4 or 2.7 from IMS would do fine.  I talked with both the tank vendor and Trail Tech and neither could give me any answers.
      Thanks guys.
      Jake
      Minden, NV
    • By NickC18
      So I emailed Factory Connection today to see what spring rate I need for the rear as I’m about 6’2” 220 lbs without gear. I also asked for a baseline front fork PSI to start at. This is what I received:
      Nicholas, 
      The spring series we made for your bike is limited when it comes to larger/stiffer rates.  
      The spring rate you need is 5.9/6.0 range. We don’t sell that over the counter as it requires special installation process.  So we can’t sell the spring “over the counter”.  It would have to be installed at our shop.  
      Fork PSI I would recommend:
      Inner 160 psi
      Outer 11 psi
      Balance 160 psi

Are they blowing smoke up my ass? What kind of ‘special installation’ could a spring take? I’ve changed and removed them before but not on a 16’ CRF before.
      Also, aren’t those psi settings for the Kawasaki KYB? I don’t think the psf2 have inner/outer/balance do they? Maybe he was having a bad day...or maybe I’m an idiot. FC’s website list there spring as ALS-0059. Can I not just order this spring and install it to set my sag correctly? Help?
    • By johnsbikerepairs
      hi, i have a crf450R 2009, having difficulty setting the idle knob to factory setting.  Having problems interpreting manual Japaneses interpretation.  Can anyone out there assist with the correct factory setting and how i can manually do the setting ie how many clicks out or in etc...   would appreciate any assistance 
    • By Baja Designs
      Hello CRF450R Owners,
      Bailey here with Baja Designs.  We recognize ThumperTalk as one of the go-to sources for information on the CRF450R and we receive emails daily regarding the best inexpensive light setup or purchasing the B1K setup ran by Ox Motorsports.  We would like this thread to be a General Discussion area for members and guests to discuss Dual Sport Kits (DSK), Lights, and Lighting Acessories based upon stock and modified charging systems.  Please Post up if you have any questions or comments CRF450R related! 
      www.bajadesigns.com