Sign in to follow this  

Polishing the frame, just got done! Before and after Pics

Just got done polishing my frame, exhuast, kick starter, brake, and little on the swing arm! Not to shaby, could of kept polishin little more, but arms tired..haha...I used mothers mag and aluminum polish with a couple old cloth rags..

Before:

100_2423.jpg

After:

100_2437.jpg

100_2438.jpg

100_2439.jpg

100_2440.jpg

next time you go to polish it try out the NEVER DULL made by eagle one , i used to use mothers , but as im sure you no thats a messy rag consuming ordeal! im sold on the never dull it makes getting all the little places like spokes and the little nooks and crannys LOL much easier with the applicater just tear off a piece wipe with it a bit the trash it!

When polishing did you find that you were blackening rags really quickly? BTW, it looks really good. Kudos :thumbsup::eek:

Nice job!!:thumbsup::eek:

I think to finish the look, you should throw on some Lightspeed Carbon fiber frame guards (to cover the non-polished part of the frame). This would integrate very well with the polished portions and your black plastic.

Just my opinion. Looks great though.

Hi everyone:

Helluva job!

Anywho, how you you get old sticker goo off the swingarm and frame before you polish it?

Thanks.

Hi everyone:

Helluva job!

Anywho, how you you get old sticker goo off the swingarm and frame before you polish it?

Thanks.

Acetone on a rag will wipe it right off.

Hey, what did you use on the clutch cover? Is it paint or powder coat?

I really like the black covers...

Acetone on a rag will wipe it right off.

Hey, what did you use on the clutch cover? Is it paint or powder coat?

I really like the black covers...

It came factory with the black covers becuase of special edition black!

Yeh i went threw quite few rags, i have never dull too, but didnt shine as much as when i used the mothers.........I used goo gone to get sticky stuff off on warning stickers on fenders and swingarm....

Just got done polishing my frame, exhuast, kick starter, brake, and little on the swing arm! Not to shaby, could of kept polishin little more, but arms tired..haha...I used mothers mag and aluminum polish with a couple old cloth rags..

Before:

Say, do black rims pit and look more dirty than standard color rims or do you need to keep cleaning them?

Nice work !

Is there a clear coat or anything like that on the frame beforehand?

I had a CBR900 that I looked at polishing but the frame was coated in something that had to be stripped off first - so I just left it....

Cheers :thumbsup: